Services Plugins FAQs

Help needed with the Gmail API plugin

Hi @robertandrews,

We are not able to find any issues on our side, unfortunately. Could you please check the browser blockers or your Google account safety setting perhaps?

You can test the demo app here. If you get any warning messages, please share a screenshot. :pray:

Best,
Alex

Blocked by Google. This screen is after the Google OAuth authentication. Not even a scary warning screen.

FYI, I have a GSuite account on my own domain, rather than gmail.com.

Thanks @robertandrews for sharing!

Unfortunately, this screen appears when the same project has been used for a long period of time. And it is required to send it to Google for verification. Which is why we periodically create new projects on our demo app for testing purposes, and everything works again.

This happens only with our demo app, but when you install the plugin and use it with your own Api Keys, these troubles will not be reproducing on your side at all.

Hope it helps!

Alex

Can someone advise…

If I use this plugin, do I still need to go through a security audit with Google?

I have this idea for a Bubble app that would check users’ incoming emails, with their permission. It would only require access to email headers, not bodies, so would come under the “metadata” scope, nothing more. Nevertheless, the “metadata” scope still sits in the “Restricted” range, which needs some sort of security process with Google.

Needless to say, I won’t be paying Google $15,000 to $75,000.

I’m interested in building it, but wouldn’t want to waste my time on something that can’t go anywhere.

I think I might have read that your app includes the “metadata” scope but goes beyond that, which may cause Google additional suspicions.

Is there any documented case of Google successfully passing an app created with this plugin through a security audit?

Thanks!

Hi @robertandrews,

Thanks for feedback. You don’t need to pay Google on this matter as far as we are concerned, and our plugin does offer the ability to pull email headers and body as well, but it is possible for your own account only, unfortunately. It is not possible to check user’s emails - this is something Google will never allow based on their policies. We tried to accomplish it for testing purposes but with no luck.

Hope it helps. :pray:

Just want to clarify as I’ve seen conflicting info on this.

This plugin is only meant to allow for me as the app owner to send and receive emails via gmail from a single Google Account to my users or other recipients. Correct?

This plugin does not allow me to provide a Gmail integration to all my users that would allow them to login their google accounts and send emails from their gmail accounts via my app.

Just want to make sure I understand the scope before purchasing.

Hi @aj1, thanks for reaching out.

You can use this plugin both for your personal use and for your users, allowing them to log in through their Google accounts and send emails from their accounts via your app.

To check the full plugin functionality, you can:

This is an example of an app owner (us) sharing their app with users (you) where users can log in with their own Google account and send emails wherever they want.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hi everyone,

Thanks @juraj.pal and @alexandru for the thread, you help me a lot !! But I would like know if I can manage my users emails :

1. User authenticates with their account (ok)
  2. User give autorisations (ok)
  3. I manage their email (???)

How can achieve this in my admin dashboard?

Thanks for the time!
Alex

Hello @alexlbc75, thank you for your message.

In case you would like to save the content that your users will send, unfortunately, this feature is not feasible in the plugin. Though you can manually add an action that will save the content (messages) in your database before sending.

Hope this will help you, if you meant something else on point 3 (I manage their email ) please provide more details on what exactly you would like to achieve so we can check it from our side and help you.

Let me know if that helped. :slight_smile: