Services Plugins FAQs

Help with Convert to PDF

Hello. I activated the Convert to PDF plugin today, and it works wonderfully on all of my app’s pages, except for the one page I need it - my home page!. I’ve read through the forums and spent several hours today troubleshooting, to no avail.

The gist of the issue is, when I am on the home page, no matter what element ID I run the workflow against, it will only generate a blank PDF. I’m not getting any errors, nor am i seeing any meaningful detail in the server logs, nor is it throwing an error to my local console.

The strange thing is, I can use it successfully on any other page in my app, against every group/element I’ve tried. I can also copy and paste both the workflow & convert PDF element from the home page to any other page on my app and it runs successfully.

I also recorded a quick Loom to illustrate. Can you please watch it and let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix it, of if there’s any other information you need to troubleshoot? Here’s the link: Issue with Convert to PDF Plugin | Loom

Thanks! -Dan

1 Like

Hi @dan10,
Thank you for your message and purchase.

Let us please consult upon your requests with our dev team and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Regards, :pray:

Thank you! In the meantime if you have any known issues arising from conflicts with other plugins, just let me know and I’ll check to see if I’m using any of them. (I am using quite a few, and would like to avoid unloading each of them systematically to see if that is causing the issue.) Likewise, if there are other troubleshooting steps I can take proactively, don’t hesitate to let me know.

I’ve also linked to a my app editor in the original message, so feel free to poke around if it’s helpful. (Also, as an FYI in case you encounter issues loading the editor, expanding the element tree can quickly require 4-5 gb ram. It crashes my browser on my laptop with 32gb ram usually 2-3 time per day. Gotta love it! :wink:)

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

Dan

Hello @dan10 ,
Thank you for providing additional details regarding your use case. :slightly_smiling_face:

We have carefully checked to find the cause of this issue,and created a new test page to make sure that it works in a similar setup to your, yet we didn’t encounter similar issues.

In the meantime if you have any known issues arising from conflicts with other plugins, just let me know and I’ll check to see if I’m using any of them.

Due to limitations with the current access level, we cannot conduct more in-depth tests.

If you could send us the access with editorial rights we would investigate more thoroughly, and check the compatibility issues with other plugins.

As we are an agency you can easily add us to your collaborators. You don’t need to upgrade your plan. Simply click on “invite”.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

After these steps, please provide us with a link to your application (editor). And that’s all.

Looking forward to your reply. :slightly_smiling_face:
Have a nice day!

I’ve added support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator to my app.

I’m not surprised that it works on the test page. As I mentioned, this works on every page and in many different scenarios, except for my home page. Link to editor is in the first post above.

I will be working through the weekend, so please let me know prior to making any changes, and create a save point prior to doing so.

Dan

Edited to add: I have today attempted to systematically remove every plugin 1-by-1 from from my app to see if doing so resolves the issue printing on my home page. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue.

Hello @dan10 ,
Thank you for providing additional details and access to your page. :slightly_smiling_face:

At the moment our dev team is investigating why this irregular behavior is occurring, I will make sure to keep you updated on any of their findings.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we are working through this.
Have a nice day. :sunny:

I have just discovered the cause of the error. My home page had a “Loading Screen” element.

• When I removed this element, the Convert to PDF plugin works on my Home page.
  • I’ve also confirmed that if I add a “Loading Screen” element to any other of my pages it immediately breaks the Convert to PDF functionality on the page where it is placed.

The Loading Screen element looks to be provided as part of the Canvas UI Elements plugin, created by AirDev. Obviously, this is a 3rd party plugin, and I am aware you are not responsible for 3rd party plugin conflicts.

However, I wanted to make your dev team aware, as the AirDev Canvas UI Elements plugin has been downloaded nearly 100k times, so it may be something you wish to document or investigate in case future users encounter this issue. This does not appear to be an issue with any of the other Canvas UI Elements I am using in my app.

Also, for what it’s worth, the Loading Screen element is purely ornamental, so it’s not an issue to simply remove it. Thus, my issue is now resolved.

Dan

1 Like

Adding one more quick thing directed at any potential future users referencing this thread:

Uninstalling the (3rd party) Canvas UI Elements plugin did not in itself resolve the issue. If the “Loading Screen” element itself remained on the page even after unstalling its plugin, the Convert to PDF feature failed. (I suspect it was injecting some conflicting js to the page header). I was ultimately able to keep the Canvas UI Elements plugin, but just not use the “Loading Screen” element that comes with it.

1 Like

Hello @dan10 ,
Hope you are doing well. :slightly_smiling_face:

First and foremost, congratulations on pinpointing the element that was causing the issue – that’s some impressive detective work!

We truly appreciate the effort you’ve put into investigating and providing such detailed information. This will undoubtedly accelerate our development team’s ability to understand and tackle the problem.

Armed with this new insight, our team will delve into the specifics of the compatibility issue between the two plugins.

Thank you once again for your active approach, such feedback is a great contribution to the community.

We’ll keep you updated on our progress.
Have a nice weekend ahead! :sunny:

1 Like

Hello @dan10 ,
I hope you are enjoying your weekend. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m reaching out to you regarding the compatibility issue you’ve encountered with the plugin “Page to Pdf Converter” with the “Canvas UI Elements” plugin.

After conducting testing our dev team concluded that the issue was not steaming from the “Canvas UI Elements” plugin and when they added the “Loading screen” element on the page, the PDF was created without problems.

Please find this Test page to check for yourself.

It seems like the problem might be occurring from something else. However, we are committed to helping you resolve this issue and ensuring everything works smoothly for you.

To assist you further, could you please provide us with a link to a test page where this error can be replicated? This will help us in diagnosing the issue more accurately. And the specific steps we should follow to observe the problem, kindly include those as well.

Looking forward to your reply.
Have a nice day! :sunny:

Thanks for looking into this. It looks like you may not be using the same element i referenced. While I have limited visibility, it appears the element I can see on the test page is type “Uploader” whereas the element I was referencing was type “Loading Screen”

Hello @dan10 ,
Hope you are doing well. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for looking into this. It looks like you may not be using the same element i referenced. While I have limited visibility, it appears the element I can see on the test page is type “Uploader” whereas the element I was referencing was type “Loading Screen”

If removing the Loading Screen element fixed your issue and now the plugin is working properly that’s great news for both of us.:blush: If the Loading screen element is important for your app you can also try to reach out to AirDev team and maybe they could provide you with insight related to their plugin.

On our end, we’ve also installed the Loading Screen element and can confirm that PDFs are being generated successfully. This suggests that the issue is quite unusual and not directly related to the core functionality of our plugin. It’s possible that there could be specific interactions within your application that are contributing to this anomaly.

If you are still encountering issues with the Page to PDF plugin, please provide us with a link to a test page where we can replicate the error. This will help us in diagnosing the issue more accurately. And the specific steps we should follow to observe the problem, kindly include those as well!

In case you don’t have any other issues, and the plugin is now functioning well, we would appreciate it if you could leave a plugin rate, by going to the Plugins tab in the Bubble editor and giving it as many stars as it deserves

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

Thanks again for your patience and cooperation.
Take care! :sunny:

I’m definitely good from my end and consider the issue resolved.

Thanks so much to you and the team for incredible service!

Dab

1 Like

Hello @dan10 ,
I hope you are doing well. :slightly_smiling_face:

We have received your review and on behalf or the Support Team and Dev Team I want to express that we are incredibly touched and grateful for your kind words about our work it truly means a lot to us.

Such feedback as yours not only motivates us to improve our services but also boosts our spirits so that can we help even more people.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your thoughts and for placing your trust in us. By expressing your high regards you made our team’s day better. :blush:

Good luck in your beginnings and all the projects you take on.
I wish you all the best. :sunny: