Services Plugins FAQs

Help with payments on app

Hi I need to find a way of creating a seller on my platform. Currently, the seller is directed to the stripe website to make an account/log in. But they must input a website link and this adds an unnecessary complexity to the website.

Could someone please describe how to create an onboarding experience? I am in the UK. Ideally, I could create a connect account on the sellers behalf. Or, perhaps the following could be a method;

I could register the seller as a customer. Then when a consumer pays for an item, I charge the consumer and then pay the seller? I could pay the seller 0.9 of the sales amount to retain a fee. Please let me know what would be the best method in proceeding.

Hello, @gloverstravels
Thanks for this question.

In case you are using the Stripe Marketplace Express plugin, the best option for your case - creating a Custom account. Your user will not be redirected to the Stripe platform to create an account.
Please find the documentation for each type of accounts below:

Please note that seller accounts and customer accounts should be separate. So, you can’t create one account for both sides on one platform.

Please allow me to recommend you to check our Demo Page, where you can find examples of the workflow, etc.: Zeroqode-demo-19 | Bubble Editor

So, first of all, please carefully check both resources in order to understand, which steps you should create for your platform.

In case I can help you with some additional information - please let me know,
Best regards,