Services Plugins FAQs

Help with Wasabi Plugin

Hi all
Regarding the Wasabi plugin:

I understand how to upload the images to the Wasabi folder and it’s working great but I don’t understand how to display those images back in the bubble interface.

And wanted to ask if the best way is to save the images URLs in my bubble DB (as text list fields) or do I need to use a different structure?

Hi @amitshemla, thanks for reaching out.

To display the uploaded files on your page, you need to retrieve them back from the Wasabi storage. For that, please use the “Retrieve files” action:

And indicate a corresponding source on your element to display:

Depending on your use case setup, you can save file URL from a list of retrieved or uploaded files

Hope the provided hints will help. Also, check some workable setups on the plugin demo editor page: Appkit | Bubble Editor

If there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Thank you so much
If you may,
Please see this loom - it’s still not working for me and I am not sure what I am doing wrong

Thank you so much

@amitshemla, thanks for your reply.

Please note that between uploading files and retrieving them back to display, a bit of time should pass.
A solution, in this case, would be to use the “File Upload Successful” event, followed by the “Retrieved files” action.

Hope this hint will help, let me know if there is anything else that requires our support.

Regards,

Thank you very much,
It’s worked
Now I have another issue maybe you will know how to fix it:

I am letting the user upload logo (one file)
Then I am changing the user logo text field in bubble with the URL

The thing is that i need to refresh in order to see the new logo
I guess it’s because this is the same URL (i am rename the file to “logo” in order to have only one logo saved)
I can see on bubble that it’s working only if i am refreshing the page

When wasabi s3 a - file upload successful > then save this wasabi a lasts uploaded files URL last s3

see image please:
Capture

Hi @amitshemla, thanks for your message.

I’m afraid that this issue relates more to the general Bubble functionality, and regretfully, it would be beyond my responsibilities as a support team member to provide guidance through the application customization process. Sorry about that.

A general direction that I might suggest would be to check the plugin’s available events and actions (on the plugin tab), to see which one fits your project requirements.

If there will be any questions about default plugin functionality, please let me know.

Regards,

But this plugin is super complex
Why you guys are not making any guide with the options or youtube tutorials?
It’s a paid plugin :frowning:

Hi @amitshemla, thanks for your reply.
For each of our plugins, we’ve created a plugin demo and demo editor pages, where the most common use cases are replicated, as well as plugin documentation with a detailed description of features.
As users’ use cases are very different in logic, complexity, and results, it might be very difficult to foresee all of them in a demo page.

In case of a question related to general Bubble functionality, a solution might be to search and ask on the Bubble official forum, as it is hosting the biggest Bubble community, which can provide a solution for your use case.

Nevertheless, if any questions about the plugin arise, please let me know.

Regards,

Hi Serg,

Is there a way to upload a file to Wasabi using the upload module through a workflow.

My backend work flow imports the file into Bubble in the standard way from other API (Shopify) and is created in the Bubble AWS directory, but in the next step in the workflow I would like to upload this into Wasabi.

Is there any way to do this?

Your direction is much appreciated. Thanks.

I can share a couple screen shots.

Thanks

Hello @costas ,
Thank you for contacting us.

Regarding your question about uploading a file to Wasabi using the upload module through a workflow, there are a couple of ways to achieve this:

Backend Workflow: Workflow has such a function which we have given below(see screenshot below), it should help you in solving your issue

Frontend Workflow : Additionally, if you prefer to upload files via a user interaction on the frontend, the Wasabi plugin offers various actions that allow you to upload files. You can create a workflow on the frontend that triggers the file upload action when a specific event occurs, such as a user clicking an upload button

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Cheers!

Hi Anton,

Thanks for your reply.

Kindly note that I have been able to do this successfully through out my app using workflows and the uploader. Thanks.

However I’m still not sure how to do via screen shot example. Can you kindly show your settings on the upload from other cloud below as I can see it all.

I have a backend workflow that creates the image inside bubble but I have transitioned to wasabi and trying to get that to work.

Do you mean from aws on bubble to wasabi after it has come into bubble, as in bubble becomes other cloud?

I can share my screen shot if it helps.

Thanks.

Hello,
Thank you for your quick reply.

The interface is straightforward, offering fields where you can designate the privacy settings of the uploaded files, either as private or public. It also allows you to input the necessary bucket information. There are options available to organize your files within a folder structure, and you can customize file names to your preference. Additionally, there is a URL field to specify the file URL for the items you want to upload to Wasabi.

Please be aware that uploading files to the Wasabi bucket does not automatically remove them from your Bubble AWS storage. If your intention is to fully migrate from Bubble AWS to Wasabi, it is essential to create a workflow that not only uploads files to Wasabi but also deletes them from the AWS bucket concurrently.

Cheers!

Thanks Anton. I will check it out and let you know if I have any issues. Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,

Costas Siavelis

2 Likes

Hi again @costas ,

Glad to be helpful. Please feel free to reach us again when you need some help or assistance. It will be a pleasure to cooperate. :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, if you like our plugin you can rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. We would appreciate it a lot!

Take care!