Services Plugins FAQs

HomeBnB basics - Getting the template to work

Greetings,

I could use some pointers… I have removed my previous apps and started from scratch with the basic template. installed it, launched it and nothing works. I figure I missed something, but when I add in my Google API’s and other things (stripe keys), nothing is working. Can you help me with some tips on how to get the base template to work?

Ray

Hi, @raynellbell!

Thanks for reaching out!

It’s pretty strange, because as far as I understand you have created a new app with the template and should work. Could you please explain what do you mean by - nothing is working to help you better? Screenshots or screencast would be super helpful. Thanks.

Best, Julia.

@Julia

I do apologize for that very vague description.

When I launch the app, and I attempt to use the search on the home screen, I get a red line under my search query. I put in “Paris, France” as I know there is at least one test record and nothing happens. Another example is when I create a new user, and I click the link “become a host” and I try to add a new record, I get the same red line when I put in an address. I thought it was related to me not putting in my own Google API code and Stripe keys but when I did that, still no luck.

Ray

here is a screen cap

Here is another example: Here I have added my keys and am not sure why the geolocation isn’t working

The places issue has been resolved :heart_eyes:

off to the races

2 Likes

Hi, @raynellbell!

Oh, I am so glad that everything is ok :slightly_smiling_face:

If you like our template you can rate it by going to Template tab in Bubble editor. Find the template by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :slightly_smiling_face:
The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great templates :slightly_smiling_face:

Take care and stay healty :wink:
Best, Julia.

What did you do to get this step to work? I’m having the same issue. I double checked my API Keys and they are right and the geolocation still won’t pick it up.