Services Plugins FAQs

HomeBNB - Date Range not saving to database correctly

I’m on the latest Bubble version and just noticed that the date range is only saving the start and end dates to the Listing database “Unavailable Dates”.

Example:
Start Date: 7/22/22
End Date: 7/25/22

After booking:
Unavailable Dates: 7/22, 7/25

After booking the Unavailable Dates should be: 7/22, 7/23, 7/24, 7/25

Has anyone else encountered this?

Here’s the workflow.

Hi @ryan.flynn, thanks for reporting this issue.

I’ve passed it to the developer team, for research. Once any results will become available, I will let you know.

Thank you for understanding :pray:

Regards.

Thank you @Serg I appreciate it!

1 Like

Hi @Serg wanted to check to see if you had an update on the issue?

Hi @ryan.flynn, apologies for the delayed news.

We have pushed the latest template update that fixed the issue with the data range saving.

In case you need to fix it on the already created app, please proceed with the following steps:

Or, you can create a new app based on the template and check/compare the changes.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with about our template.

Regards,

Thank you @Serg and the Zeroqode team for the fix. It works and is much appreciated!

Last question @Serg …When you perform a search and enter the dates, when you select a room and go to the room page, the date range does not display in the AirDate/TimePickerv2. The user has to select the dates again. I’ve tried several ways to get it to default but no luck. Can you take a look?

Search by location and dates.

Select the room and only the total days are brought over…not the date range. So user doesn’t know what they have selected previously.

Looking at the AirDate/TimePickerv2 - the range isn’t populated. I’ve tried several ways to get it to work but hoping you can.

Hi @ryan.flynn, thanks for reporting this issue.
I’ve passed it to the developer team for research. Once any results will become available, I will let you know asap :pray:

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Serg wanted to check to see if there was an update on the issue?

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi @ryan.flynn, apologies for delayed news.

Currently, the developer team is fixing an issue with the picker, that can influence the template functionality. Once the issue will be fixed and all flows will work smoothly, I will let you know asap :pray:

Regards,

Thank you. I look forward to hearing about the update @Serg

1 Like

@Serg checking in to see if you have any updates.

Hi @ryan.flynn,
the update that should fix the issue mentioned above is expected shortly. Once it comes to live, I will let you know first :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,

Hi @ryan.flynn, apologies for the delayed news :pray:

The above-mentioned issue (booking date range not passed to room page) has been solved in the new template update which is already live.
Kindly note that the updates don’t apply to the apps which were built on the template prior to updates becoming available. Sorry for this inconvenience, this is Bubble logic.

Now you can create a new app based on template and check the changes or in case you need to apply changes an ongoing project, please let me know and I will drop the details of changes made to fix.

Regards,

Thank you @Serg this is great news! I’ll be applying the changes to an existing project so if you don’t mind I’d like to know the details of the changes.

Hi @ryan.flynn, thanks for your message.

To apply the fix on your side, it is required to apply the following changes:

• (booking date range not passed) update the timepicker plugin to the last available version. On room page in timepicker element to indicate the initial range start date & initial range end date.

• (to reset the group with price and number of days after payment) - after payment, it is required to delete the temporary search from the database, both for authorized and unauthorised users.

• (to reset the booking parameters) when “Stay” button in popup is pressed, to do a page refresh in order to refresh the page and reset the group and custom states as well as go to page room to reset the URL parameters.

Hope the provided hints will help. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with about our template.

Regards,

Thanks @Serg for the details and appreciate the help. Everything is working!

2 Likes

Hi @ryan.flynn, glad to hear everything works :hugs:

If you like our template you can rate it by going to the Template tab in Bubble editor. Find the template by name and give it as many stars as it deserves
The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great templates

Thanks and have a nice day!

P.S. if there will be any other questions to help with, drop a message here :wink:

Regards,