Services Plugins FAQs

Hosting & Updating files in a fixed path

Hello fellow Bubblers

I’ve created an application for my client that generates ics iCal files which are later subscribed by calendars like outlook.

When defining the subscription in outlook you have to define a fixed path like www.someurl.com/ics.

When I’m uploading files to bubble’s storage they always get new path names with some prefix which I have no control over. This means I can’t update a file that has been uploaded to a specific fixed path. I know I can use the “host file in root directory” option, but to update this I need to update the entire app.

Any ideas on how to solve this?
Thanks

Hello @amir.yaari ,
Thank you for your message.

We have checked with our dev team and they suggested to use your solution you described above, “host file in root directory”.

If you have other product-related questions, feel free to ask.
We are always happy to help.

Also, I recommend posting this request on the bubble forum, maybe some other Bubblers will come with other suggestions. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have any additionals questions, feel fre to ask.
Cheers!

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have tried using “host file in root directory” however this requires re-deploying the app to make the change and I’d like to avoid that.

Thanks,
Amir

Hello @amir.yaari ,
Thank you for your quick reply and sorry for long waiting due to the weekend.

Could you please elaborate on why you’d like to avoid app deploying and why this is necessary.

Please let us know if you will find a workaround or if there will be other plugin-related questions, we are always glad to assist.

Cheers!

Thank you so much for the reply,

The workflow works like this:
I have users in my organization that update data through bubble about events.
We than have a shared outlook calendar that is populated by exporting events from bubble to outlook and than events are shared with our clients.

Currently to make this work we need the users in our organization to edit data in bubble and than manually export an ICS file and upload it to outlook.

However outlook has an option to subscribe to an ICS URL, given that this URL is static.

So we want to be able to let our organization users to be able to edit data in bubble and than having it automatically propogate to outlook through the ICS subscription without having to manually do anything like download an ICS file and upload it to outlook or to deploy bubble’s version to update the change.

Thanks so much for your help,
Amir

Hello @amir.yaari ,
Thank you for your quick response.

We have double-checked the information and tried to find the best way to address your question, but unfortunately, your question is not related to our products and we cannot advise on it.

The best option for you would be to post the same question on the bubble forum.

We are sorry that we were unable to help you.
Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers!

1 Like