Services Plugins FAQs

How to change uploaded file names to uuid with Wasabi upload?

When uploading files, I would like to change the name of the files before being uploaded to wasabi. How can you do this with the Wasabi S3 element? It works for a fixed number of files but what if I dont know how many files the user will upload before?

Hi @rhabarberling,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us and apologies for the delay over the weekend :pray:

The “Rename File” and “File Names” fields at the bottom of the element settings will help you rename files when uploading to your Wasabi Bucket. This functionality is viable for multiple files, and you can provide a list of texts. I would recommend setting up an option set or in your database, name for how you would like to rename the files depending on your “max file” value. If your max file upload is 20, you would need to add 20 new names. Unfortunately, the way the plugin understands how to rename the files requires you to provide enough information for all files.

Hope this info helps. If I misunderstood anything, don’t hesitate to clarify and I will assist further!

Best regards :sunflower: