Services Plugins FAQs

How to Extract Text in a Group

Hi Sirs,

Does anyone know how to extract text from a group? Is there a plugin that can help?

As shown in the image below, the full resume content is in a group with several text fields and repeating groups. Is there any method or plugin that can extract all the text from inside this group?
CleanShot 2024-07-09 at 19.41.59

Hello @wenhao.yu ,
Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please provide more details on your requirements? Specifically, where would you like to extract the information from, and in what format (e.g., text, PDF, etc.)? We need these details to better assist you.

Also, if you are looking to extract the information as text for later use, you can create a custom workflow that collects text from each element within the group and combines it into a single text field.

If you have different requirements or need further assistance, feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
Anton

1 Like

Hi AntonZ

The information I want to extract is in a group that contains several repeating groups and fields. Just like the below image:

Currently, I use the below 2 plug-ins to copy and paste context to the target fields. But I wonder is there other methods to achieve the same function.

CleanShot 2024-07-11 at 14.57.06

Hello @wenhao.yu ,
Thank you for the additional information.

We have a free plugin called Air Copy to Clipboard that can be used to copy and paste content, which might simplify your current setup and potentially replace the two plugins you are using.

However, if you prefer to achieve this without using the copy-paste method, as mentioned before, you can create a custom workflow. This workflow would gather text from each repeating group and field within the main group and combine it into a single text field or any other location where you wish to save the extracted information.

If you need any further assistance or have additional requirements, please let us know.

Best Regards,
Anton

1 Like

Dear AntonZ,

Thank you for your suggestion ([Air Copy to Clipboard]). However, I found that it can paste into input fields, but not into multiline input type fields. Am I correct in this observation?
Is there any setting that would allow me to paste into multiline input fields?

Hello @wenhao.yu ,
Thank you for your quick reply.

I have tested the plugin and also noticed that it doesnt paste into a multiline input element.
Let me confirm this behavior with the developers and i will come back with more information as soon, as possible.

Best Regards,
Anton

1 Like

Hello @wenhao.yu ,
Thank you for your patience.

I am pleased to announce that we have updated the plugin ‘Air Copy to Clipboard’ to version 2.29.0 in which we have added: Multiline input support added

Could you please update the plugin in your app to this latest version and confirm if everything is working smoothly now? :blush:.

Feel free to explore the functionality of the plugin on our demo page.

We really appreciate your patience and cooperation throughout this process.

Best Regards,
Anton