Services Plugins FAQs

How to get DragableRG dragged thing initial and new position

Hi,

I need to call a JS library like moveThing(fromPosition, toPosition). The positions I was able to get is not reliable at all. When I assign the new order, I would expect to get the right new position.

Please help.

Clovis

Hi @simo_clovis, thanks for your question.

Please share a screencast with the described case, so it would be easier for us to analyze it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

@Serg My question is clear. Screencast is not needed for this.

It is possible to get the position of the dragged element before and after or not?

In DragableRG Option Item moved, I am using this javascript to get the position:

Then I assign the new order like this

Then I get the new position of the dragged item.

This DOES NOT WORK reliability.

Can you tell me how the make it works reliability?

Let me check this internally with the developer team. Once I’ll get their feedback, I will let you know asap.

Regards,

Thank you. Waiting for it.

Clovis

GM, any update on this please?

Hi @simo_clovis, regretfully there are no results yet.
Once I get any research results from the developers, I will let you know as soon as possible.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

@Serg Any update on this???

Hi @simo_clovis, in a short time a plugin update is expected, which will add custom states with the old and new position of the moved cell.

Once the update will come to live, I will let you know first.

Regards,

@simo_clovis, as mentioned earlier, we’ve pushed a plugin update, that has added a new custom state, showing the old and new position of an item (moved cell).

To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.13.0: Added “Cell’s Old Position” state) and give it a try.

If there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let me know.

Have a great weekend ahead!

Regards,

Thank you so much @Serg. I will give it a try and let you know.

Clovis

2 Likes

@Serg IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hi @simo_clovis, glad to hear it works well and fits your project requirements :hugs:

If you like our plugin, we would be grateful if you could rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and gives it as many stars as it deserves :blush:

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

Regards,

Done! Gave 5 STARS. Well deserved! I bought 2 DrarableRG plugins for my two projects.

Clovis

2 Likes