Services Plugins FAQs

How to get Recorded Streams to be viewable after recording using AWS

Hello, first of all, thank you for all the hard work you guys do! Making things possible that otherwise would not have been

I am subscribed to Agora Live Streaming Plugin.

I have successfully, set up the streaming (agora) and recording of the streams (AWS), following the awesome YouTube tutorial you guys have online.

Using that method, it records a few different files in a few different formats. As shown below.

Can you help me with how I can get these files to play as a video with sound that I can use to view in my app?

I am building a coaching app that I will be wrapping with Natively. After the coach goes live from within the app, I need the video to be made available to his students to view on their own time. Just like Facebook does.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello @jay2,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Regarding your question, I’m not certain if Bubble’s Video player can accept the TS format of the streams from AWS. My experience primarily involves displaying images in Bubble by inserting the file’s URL into the “image” element provided by Bubble.

To determine whether the Bubble Video player can play TS videos, I would recommend conducting a test on your end. If it doesn’t support TS formats, it’s unlikely that any of our plugins can accept TS formats either.

In such a scenario, you may need to explore options such as creating an API call or finding a plugin that can convert TS format videos into a format that can be played within Bubble. Could we know what other formats you are saving to AWS?

If you have any further questions or require assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m here to help. :pray:

Wishing you a productive week ahead! :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks @dorel

Once I make a recording, the AWS bucket consists of a few .ts files, one .m3u8 file, and one .webm file.

The .m3u8 file plays the video but contains no sound.

Is there a way using the Agora Livestream & Conference Call Plugin that I can get the recordings to record in .mp4 file format?

Or a way to make these files playback as a video with sound on my Bubble.io app.

Hi @jay2,

Thank you for sharing the information!

After conducting some brief tests, it appears that Bubble’s video player does not support the WebM format. However, there are several free plugins available on the marketplace that offer video players compatible with this format. I recommend exploring the marketplace to find a suitable plugin that can address your specific use case.

Regarding saving the stream to .MP4, I’m not entirely up-to-date on this aspect. Could you please provide me with a link to the tutorial you followed? With more information, I can provide you with a more detailed response.

Wishing you a fantastic day ahead :star2:

1 Like

@dorel I followed this series of tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57S8PGYpsiI

It’s for the Agora Livestream & Video Conference Plugin by Zeroqode

The tutorrial walks me through how to set up the plugin for livestreaming & also walks me through how to record the livestreams.

My issue is now that I am able to record them, how do I get the recorded videos to play in my bubble app.

I would need to automatically fetch recorded videos from my AWS bucket and display them automatically in my bubble project.

I’m new to this, been working with Wordpress for 10+ years and just recently decided to make the jump to bubble.

Zeroqode has a plugin HERE - called HLS Video Player Plugin for Bubble - It seems to be able to handle these type of files.

The tutorial I watched stops before it explains how to retrieve the recorded videos.

I’m thinking there is a way I can set up a workflow to handle all this automatically once a recording is made.

I hope that sheds some light on what I’m trying to achieve.

Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Hello @jay2,

Thank you for providing additional information!

The reason I recommended a player that supports WebM formats is because you mentioned having separate files for video and audio in the stream. Additonally, my understanding was that you are using our Agora plugin in conjunction with our AWS file uploader plugin.

I’ve consulted with our developer to gain further insight into this aspect of Agora’s functionality. The recording actions within our Agora plugin utilize an API call that directly uploads the files to a cloud service without returning specific data about the uploaded file. As such, there is no built-in functionality to retrieve the URL of the recording in your Bubble app.

To achieve this, you would need to use an AWS plugin that can fetch the URL of the recording from your cloud storage and then display it in your Bubble app. Unfortunately, even modifying the code would not provide the URL of the recording you want to display.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding. If you have any more questions or require further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out. :pray:

Cheers :hugs: