Services Plugins FAQs

How to get the "Tinder Swiping Cards" plugin to work?

I’m glad you’ve found a clue! Hope you’ll invent how to level out all the discrepancies!

By the way, is the rising up connected with the image display?

Hello @Innovator2K,

Thank you for the reminder about this matter.

It looks like something in your setup is causing an element to push up above the page. We’ll look into what’s behind this issue and if it is related to the plugin. In the meantime, try setting the height of the “CardDeck(PRO)” element to 1px, as this seems to be a temporary fix.

Please update us on how this solution works out for you. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

Hi @Stephan,

It looks like something in your setup is causing an element to push up above the page. We’ll look into what’s behind this issue and if it is related to the plugin.

Hmmm, interesting… I look forward to hear any thoughts!

try setting the height of the “CardDeck(PRO)” element to 1px, as this seems to be a temporary fix

If I set the height to 1px, uncheck “Make this element fixed-height” and check “Fit height to content”, then it indeed helps, thank you! (I was also curious about violating the last two conditions. If I check “Make this element fixed-height”, then the cards go down; if I uncheck “Fit height to content”, then the cards go up as before.)

Hello @Innovator2K,

Hope this message finds you well.

I’m glad to hear that changing the Card height helped you to set them fine. I passed that to the dev team along with the previous image issue for further investigation. But for now you can explore using that way of settings.

Currently, I can’t give an exact timeframe for this to be resolved, but I’ll contact you as soon as any information is available.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions or require additional information, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks again for your understanding and patience. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hi @Stephan,

I passed that to the dev team along with the previous image issue for further investigation.

:+1:

But for now you can explore using that way of settings.

Can I work with the plugin element and the corresponding groups or does the dev team still need the setup? Does the dev team need the collaboration access?

Currently, I can’t give an exact timeframe for this to be resolved, but I’ll contact you as soon as any information is available.

The lack of an exact time frame is frustrating, but I understand your stirring life. I’ll look forward to the information!

Hello @Innovator2K,

Thanks for your message. :pray:

I’m pleased to inform you that we’ve pinpointed the cause of the issue you reported. A new update addressing this will be released within this week.

I will ensure to notify you as soon as the update is available for your review.

Thank you once again for granting access, it has significantly contributed to our understanding and resolution of the problem. :raised_hands:

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

Hi @Stephan,

A new update addressing this will be released within this week.

Great news! Thank you!

Thank you once again for granting access, it has significantly contributed to our understanding and resolution of the problem. :raised_hands:

I’m glad I’ve helped! :raised_hands: Also, thank you for fast responses and active help!

P.S. I’ll revoke the collaboration access on the weekend so that your team had time to copy the page and add it to your tests (or even experiment with it after the update).

1 Like

Hi @Innovator2K,

Hope you’re doing well! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m excited to share that we’ve released the new version - “2.12.0”, which has fixed the “Card image” issue in the “Cards Deck (PRO)” element.

Could you update the plugin in your app and check if it’s working properly now?

Feel free to remove the shared access, and thank you once again for your collaboration. :pray:

If you have any questions or need more help, just let us know!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Stephan

Hi @Stephan,

I’ve updated and checked, thank you! Now I can see the images.

:wink:

There remains a question about the “rising up” (on the second of February, you wrote that your team would look into what’s behind the issue), but this is not critical or urgent, since the temporary fix works. Also, if you plan to add other icons besides the heart, please don’t forget to let me know.

P.S. I want to work deeper with the plugin the following week, so there might be more questions :))

Oh, I already have two!

1. Is it possible to access fields of the datatype that is specified in “Cards (App type)” of the plugin element (User in my case) from the template card? I want to add a display of interests of the current card’s User. If I could access the current card’s User, I would able to do so, but can I?
  2. How can I get the current card’s User from the plugin element in the workflow section? I need to create a thing of type “Interaction” where both users will be stored, but I don’t see anything like “'s User” here:

P.S. I can create a new thread for this, since it is not related to “getting the plugin to work”.

Hello @Innovator2K,

Thank you for reaching out with your queries.

After discussing it with the dev team, it appears that this is how the plugin currently works, but I added “custom icons” and width/height query in the plugin ideas/improvements. Unfortunately, we cannot provide an exact timeline for when this will be implemented, but we will keep in touch with you regarding any updates.

Could you please clarify your query? It seems you’re inquiring about accessing a user’s details from a card within the plugin element. Further details on your use case would help us provide a better answer.

To track user interactions, you can use the “Type of last action” and “Index of last used card” states. These allow you to identify and store interactions efficiently. Here’s a screenshot for your reference:

Additionally, you will have access to a comprehensive list of Liked and Disliked Cards at the end of the process, facilitating further analysis and actions:

There might be multiple ways to achieve your intended functionality. We encourage you to experiment with these options, and please don’t hesitate to reach out with any further plugin-related questions.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Stephan

Hello @Stephan,

Thank you for the fast answer!

Could you please clarify your query? It seems you’re inquiring about accessing a user’s details from a card within the plugin element.

Yes, I’m inquiring about this. I want to add a display of user’s interests. If I worked without the plugin, I would add a visual element of type “Text” with a dynamic value (e.g. “Parent group’s User’s Interests”). But how can I get access to User's fields when I use the plugin?

There might be multiple ways to achieve your intended functionality.

I’m sorry but I don’t understand how “Index of last used card” can help me. It seems I can’t use card’s indices because when I select users to display, I filter them based on the interactions they have participated in. If I use indices, I will need a mapping from indices to users, which is hard to implement since the same user may have different indices in different decks shown to different users. If there was “User’s unique id for last used card” or “a thing of type User for last used card”, then I would achieve the desired functionality: interactions would store the info and I would filter users based on the presence of their identifiers in interactions.

Hello @Innovator2K,

Thank you for your reply.

Your use case seems achievable, with some extra Bubble skills it should be possible. Unfortunatly we don’t have a simillar use case displayed on our demo page, but I advise you to experiment more and let us know if you encounter any difficulties.

Kindly note that we provide general guidance for our plugins, a demo page you can use for reference, and documentation for extra help.

In case you are looking for a Bubble developer who can help you customize your app the way you need, I recommend checking on Bubble forum → Help Section.

Have a great week ahead. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hi @Stephan,

Your use case seems achievable, with some extra Bubble skills it should be possible.

Could you please list exactly what skills I need? I’m not a Bubble professional, but I learn fast thanks to YouTube videos.

Kindly note that we provide general guidance for our plugins, a demo page you can use for reference, and documentation for extra help.

I’m afraid they all don’t contain information needed for my case, do they?

I’ve tried the demo and it looks very good! I’ll try to incorporate the plugin at some time in January. If I have any questions, I’ll ask them!

Hello @Innovator2K,

Hope this message finds you well!

It depends on your specific requirements, but if you have a query related to the Bubble editor, it’s advisable to refer to the Bubble manual or search on the Bubble Forum. It is a large community where you can often find many excellent tips and tricks on how to achieve what you need. Additionally, you can find numerous free and paid courses on platforms such as YouTube, labs.rapidev, or Udemy.

I’m sorry to hear that. We understand your concern, but unfortunately, it’s difficult to include all possible use cases on our demo page. We’ve tried to showcase a few examples of how to use the plugin and what it can be used for. However, the rest is up to you and depends on your approach and the different solutions you can find.

I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Have a great week ahead!

Best regards,
Stephan

Dear @terrytomyzs ,

Thank you for expressing your interest.

We’re delighted to learn that you found our Demo page beneficial.

Should you have any questions related to plugin, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Best regards,
Stephan