Services Plugins FAQs

HTML5 Canvas with Fabric.js Plugin for Bubble

So I’m trying out the above plugin. It doesn’t seem that the canvas size is adjustable. Regardless the size parameters I set it to, the viewport doesn’t change. Your demo page shows a very small viewport/canvas to place images into. Is that the only size that works? If so I see no value to this at all. Below is example.

The border represents the size I set the canvas to, 500px x 500px.

The image shown will not change sizes, regardless of the size I set for the image. Changing the size of the image just affects how much of the image I can see in the viewport, which is much smaller than the canvas.

What’s going on here?

Thanks,
George

1 Like

Hello George,

Thank you for reaching out and providing a screenshot.

The plugin should allow you to set the canvas size dynamically; if it’s not reflecting the changes you’re making in the size parameters, this could be an issue with how the plugin is configured or potentially a bug.

Please consider the following steps:

• Sometimes, CSS styles or other page elements can interfere with plugin elements. Try placing the canvas element on a new blank page to see if the problem persists without any other elements around.

• Use the browser’s developer tools to inspect the canvas HTML element and verify that its size attributes match the dimensions you’ve set in the plugin settings.

Also please provide the details of your configuration, such as workflows and the application design in the Bubble editor.

I will consult with the development team regarding your issue to seek further insights and will follow up with you as soon as I have solution or more information. :pray:

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Daniel.

This is the only element on the page.

Result

Different size image parameters

There are no other workflows other than loading this image. The issue is the result of anything I’m doing.

1 Like

Hello George, @gnelson :wave:

Thank you for providing screenshots and details to explain the issue, it’s a great help!
Our development team is currently working on an urgent fix. We expect to roll out an update to the plugin soon.

I appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this matter. :pray:

Best regards,
Daniel.

Hello @gnelson,

I hope you are doing well.

I’m pleased to inform you that our plugin was updated, and the latest update which is version 1.14.0. - Fixed “Fabrics Canvas” size addresses the use case you highlighted. We hope this update will meet your needs and look forward to hearing your feedback. Please update to the latest version to benefit from this fix.

We have created a test page to adress your issue, also please see short Loom video which demonstrates plugin functionality after the fix we made: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Please let me know if everything works well inside your app.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
Daniel.

Hello George @gnelson,

I hope this message finds you in good spirits.

Just checking in – have you had a chance to update and test the plugin since our last fix in version 1.14.0? We’d love to know if it’s working well for you now.

Thanks for your time, and we look forward to your feedback. :pray:

Best Regards,
Daniel.

Can I prefill this canvas with dynamic text and images? (I want to offer my clients social media posts filled with their own info that they can then edit.)

Hello @jeffmccutcheon ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. :pray:

Yes, it is possible to prefill the canvas with images, text, or other elements. You can simply use actions like “Add text” or “Upload Image” at the initial page load or at any other workflow trigger(img). These elements will then appear on the canvas for future editing.

Could you please try this in your app and let us know if it works well for you? Additionally, if you have any further questions, suggestions, or need clarification, please do not hesitate to reach us.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to your reply. :hugs:

Best regards,
Stefan

I see, but this doesn’t add them to a prexisting template, it just puts them in the middle of the canvas. i was hoping to fill in a pre-existing template dynamically

Hello @jeffmccutcheon,

Thank you for your message and for clarifying this.

We got your request and forwarded it to our development team to explore the possibility of implementing this improvement in the plugin. I will keep you updated as soon as there is any information on this matter.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please let me know.

Thank you once again, and wish you a great day ahead!

Best regards,
Stefan