Services Plugins FAQs

Image Compressor and Uploader file conversion

Hi there, I have been using your Image Compressor and Uploader and had a question about converting images to different formats.

I saw that the listing for this plugin in Bubble says that it will work with HEIC files. It also lists one of the features as convert to png, jpeg or webp files.
Is there currently a way to convert from Heic files directly to png or jpeg through the compressor? If there is could you please show me a few steps to get that done?

So far I have tried setting the compressor up like this:

Front end compressor element should go to JPEG

I set the Threshold to 0 (hopefully catching all images)

I could not get an HEIC file to convert to JPEG or PNG with that setup. Any help would be wonderful.

Thank you!

Hello @csand

Thank you for reaching out!

Currently, our platform doesn’t support HEIC/HEIF to JPG conversions and vice versa. However, I’ve passed this suggestion to our development team to consider its feasibility for future updates.

In the meantime, it’s worth noting that when images are uploaded from iPhones or iPads, they automatically get uploaded in the JPEG format, even if they originate as HEIC files, and will then be converted based on your selected output format.

We will get back to you with any updates provided by the developers as soon as possible :pray:

Have an amazing day :hugs:

Hi @csand,

Thank you so much for your patience!

We’re excited to announce that a new update is now available. This update includes support for HEIC and HEIF image formats to be converted to PNG, JPEG, and WEBP formats.

To benefit from this enhancement, please ensure that you update the plugin to version 3.15.0 or a later version. To perform the update, navigate to the “Plugins Tab” of your Bubble editor, select the respective plugin, and choose version 3.15.0 or a later version.

Should you encounter any issues or have any questions related to this update, please feel free to contact us either here on our forum or directly via email at support@zeroqode.com.

Wishing you a fantastic day! :blush:

1 Like