Services Plugins FAQs

"Image Compressor and Uploader" workflow not working on mobile

I’ve been using this plugin successfully for a while now, but recently noticed that a specific workflow isn’t triggering properly on mobile. Here’s the rundown:

1. Initially uploading and compressing an image works properly on web and mobile.
  2. When I want to replace the image, I can either click the image itself OR select a “Replace Image” option from a menu. Clicking the image runs the following workflow:

This works properly for both web and mobile as well; HOWEVER, clicking the “Replace Image” menu option only works on web and not mobile. Here’s what that looks like:

• The menu is a group focus reusable element. When I click the “Replace Image” option, it sets a state on the reusable element (specifically it sets “Replace Image?” to yes).
  • On the image component, it recognizes when the menu state is set to yes and runs the following workflow:

This workflow is setting the state of the reusable element back to no (so that it will trigger again on the next click) and triggering the Select and Compress function of the plugin. This works properly on web, but does nothing on mobile (the menu to select an image never appears).

I’m completely stumped here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Hi @2706mason,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us, and apologies for the delay over the weekend :pray:

I truly appreciate the details you provided! However, could you please send me a screen recording using a tool like Loom.com to explain your setup more in-depth, along with the behavior on your phone? Showing the settings and actions will allow me to replicate this on my side and provide you with an answer as quickly as possible!

Additionally, on what mobile device did you test where it was not working? Would you be able to test on other OS and devices as well?

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Best regards :sunflower: