Services Plugins FAQs

Image Metadata plugin error

Hi, seeking help with this error after running the Image Metadata plugin:

Just trying to get image dimensions. Tried both regular pixel height and width and exif and received same error message both times.

Hello @pdxlondon,
Thank you for reaching out and for your purchase.

Thank you for letting us know, we will verify it with the development team and get back to you shortly.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them
Cheers!

Hello @pdxlondon ,
Thank you for your patience.

We have identified an issue affecting your ability to change the height settings in the application.
The problem stems from the current User privacy rules in place.

To resolve this issue, please update your user privacy rules and make sure you have the necessary permissions.
As a working example, you can refer to our demo and you can view the applied settings in the demo editor here: Cnca-plugins | Bubble Editor.

Customizing the privacy rules should resolve the issue, allowing you to modify the elevation settings without error.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.
Cheers!

Hi, I’ve checked my privacy rules and the user has the necessary permissions. However, I’m still getting the same error. I also tried “Display Data” in the same format as your demo – referencing the image URL within the Picture Uploader’s value – and still received the same error:

"The service Image Metadata - Get Image Metadata just returned an error (HTTP 400). Please contact the plugin author directly for feedback. Raw error:

400"

Figured out the issue. The Picture Uploader property for “Make this file private” was checked. When that’s checked, this plugin won’t work.

Hello @pdxlondon ,

We have some additional questions regarding your setup and we would be happy to help you resolve any issues. Would it be possible for you to add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators in your application and provide us with a link to your app? This will enable us to check your settings and reproduce them on our side to identify the issue.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, please follow these steps in the Bubble Editor:
Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com.

Please note that you may receive a warning message regarding the plan, but since Zeroqode is on an Agency plan, you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Cheers!