Services Plugins FAQs

Incorporating different templates into one app?

Hello all, first time posting and looking to be a fellow positive contributing member to the group.

is it possible to combine two templates into one if I’m trying to create a multi-platform app? As a silly example, let’s say I wanted ppl to be able to rent a horse by the hour (so I’d use the AirBnB template) but also give the horse owners the ability to also sell horse products (so also Amazon style marketplace) and hell, let’s take it one step further, use that same data for a Uber for horses? Sorry I know this may sound silly but I’m trying to work on an app that uses features from each template so not sure how to best do this and what type of pricing would be involved? Worst case scenario, could I have 3 different apps that all pull data from the same database? Sorta like if I wanted to create the next Twitter and from those same users (with their permission), they’d also be in another Facebook like app? Thanks in advance! Cyrus

Hi @synthslave,

Thanks for reaching out and asking. You should’ve received an answer via email, but let me replicate it here as well.

Sure it is doable. Although it’s possible, I won’t say it’s easy. Copying visual elements is simple, but copy pasting workflows would require manual manipulation, because they are tied to database structure and even if you recreate the same database structure, Bubble won’t automatically match the new db fields and would show an error so you would need to manually reconcile each occurrence where it doesn’t see the db field.

It’s doable and still easier than creating from scratch, but I wouldn’t want to mislead you saying that it’s super easy. However, you are able to combine the HomeBnb template with Marketo and achieve the single app you want to build!

Please test their respective Web Demo to see whether you like it or it satisfies your basic needs, but features you want to add or remove - it is possible to customize later on.

Best,
Alex

Hi @alexandru,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for the double entry as I wasn’t sure which would receive a faster reply as I’m very excited about starting on a project ASAP! I’ll take your advice and check out the different web demos to see which is most appropriate for my Horse Uber app (HUBER) or Hair BnB, jk. Regarding customization, is that something Zeroqode can assist with if it becomes too much for me to handle? If so, how much does it cost?

On a related note and a very INefficient but potential workaround? Let’s say I wanted to have an AirBnB and Uber app and only had a few hundred users in the Uber app. Are the databases able to export to some sort of file like CSV that I could manually import into the AirBnB app?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @synthslave,

No worries, we are here to help via forum threads as well.

Sure, we offer customization services based on our templates and from scratch as well.

We’re usually working on projects in the range of 8-12k USD to make sure we can deliver something both us and our customers can be proud of.

Read more about how this works: https://dev.zeroqode.com

Some work from our portfolio: https://dev.zeroqode.com/portfolio?ref=intercom

Our customers about working with us on https://dev.zeroqode.com/?scroll=reviews and https://www.trustpilot.com/review/zeroqode.com

To get you the effort estimates we need to have the requirements about the project shared first.

If you are interested in custom development project, you could reach out to our project management team and send your project details by email to projects@zeroqode.com and one of my colleagues will get back to you to discuss your project by phone or any other convenient means of communication.

Yes, it is possible to export your Project A database and import it into Project B, or any other implementation you’d like to have in your project – it’s doable.

Best,
Alex

Thank you again for your helpful explanation @alexandru

After reviewing many of your template demos, my partner feels strongly that your Nomadlist template is the most appropriate one for what we’re trying to do due to the prominently place filter. However before purchasing, can I confirm that I can edit the fields (NOT deleting any fields as I did read one should not delete) but using the same silly horse example, if I wanted to have a directory of different horses in Tokyo, Japan, I wouldn’t need population data so could I either A) hide that filter somehow or B) change the type of filter it is? So instead of numbers, it could contain choices of a breed of horse like a zebra or a lion (sorry I know they’re not horses but can’t think of any horse breeds right now)

Basically we like the layout and the filter but want to make the filters either relevant or not show at all.

Thanks again for your time!

PS - Do you have a refund or exchange policy where we can try to personalize one of your templates but if it still doesn’t work, exchange for a different one?

Hi @synthslave,

Thanks for your feedback. So the short answer is - yes, you are absolutely able to customize the directory and edit the fields, even delete them if you will, but just be sure of what you are doing as it may cause some unexpected trouble with this app, because it uses some tailored logic to it.

Everything about our templates can be customized - design, workflows, databases, SEO, language etc., so you’ll be able to make your Bubble app look and function as you desire!

Unfortunately, it is not possible because all template sales go through Bubble’s platform and according to their terms, it is a no-refund policy. You can also find our terms here.

So the best thing is actually testing the Web Demo to make sure it satisfies your needs and it works as expected, before purchase. Because this demo is the exact application you’ll receive after purchase.

Hope it helps. :pray:

Hi @alexandru,

Thanks again for your reply. I went ahead and purchased the Nomad template and had a follow up questions as I’m in the middle of editing the text and designs. When I try to deploy a current version to see how it looks, it says I need a Google Geocode API key and Google Map Key. My first question is:

1. Do I need to use Google or can I use another map service like Mapbox?
  2. Regarding Google maps API pricing, I know this is another service that is outside Zeroqode but could you give an opinion on their pricing here: https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/pricing/sheet/
    I understand that if I suddenly became the next Uber and using their Maps data a million times per day, I’d have to pay but how about for someone just trying to do an MVP and using a few hundred times (if that!) per week? Do I have to pay or is it free up to a certain point? Sorry, it wasn’t so clear to me in their pricing sheet as they distinguish between pricing per call so was hoping you guys had more perspective on this.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @alexandru, hope you’re having a nice weekend. When you read this message, in addition to the Google Geocode API question above, I’m having another challenge? I’m trying to edit the header of the Nomadly template, specifically the “Compare” button and “Favorite Cities” button but they don’t appear in the header index despite being there in the actual website? I try clicking around to other areas but can’t seem to find any reference to those two buttons as I’d like to change the text and icon?

Also can this template be submitted to App Store as the real NomadList does not have an actual app on Apple App Store.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @synthslave,

Thanks for catching up.

Of course you can use the Mapbox as an alternative, but you don’t need to pay for the Google Geocode API keys! You just need to grab them from your Google Console and simply paste them into your editor. Here is a resource link to find guidance. And you’re able to use the template as is, with the Google Map which is already built-in.

In Bubble, if you want to edit the Header/Footer content which are usually Reusable Elements, you need to open them separately as a Reusable Element:

Or any other RE element that contains the button you’d like to change. However, the easiest way to locate the design element you are looking for, is simply using the debugger on preview and search box tool within your editor:

And then reveal this element in your tree:

This way you can easily find any other element as well.

The app you’re building with Bubble.io is actually a web app, even based on our templates, but if you are willing to convert it into native mobiles apps - sure, it is possible. All our templates are responsive web applications, which means they work well on desktop and mobile browsers, and they can also be wrapped into native ios & android apps using our native solution Convert Your Existing Web App Into Native Android & iOS | Zeroqode but which would have to be purchased separately.

Best,
Alex

Hi @alexandru,

As always thank you so much for your detailed help and feedback. I really appreciate it and have been enjoying tinkering around with the template and customizing it for our needs. With that said, there’s another area that I’ve been having trouble figuring out, which is the drop down menu at the very top that lists either the countries or continents. Do you have any links or general tutorials for how to customize those drop down menus to connect to the images below? I was able to figure out how to edit and change the different field names and/or add new fields in the App Data section but the part that I haven’t been able to figure out is how to make the images show up. As an example, if I want to change the name of Tokyo to Yoho or change the image, pretty easy but if I want to create a whole new field, say sushi restaurants in Tokyo, I’m able to create the list of restaurants and they do appear in the dropdown, but after you choose one, it’s completely blank down below.

Any thoughts or tips greatly appreciated!

Thanks again Alex!
Sy

Hi @synthslave,

Thanks for feedback. If you want to edit the dropdown element, you can locate it here:

It is searching for Country objects and dynamically populating this dropdown with data pulled from your database. So if you want to add/delete/change the available options, you do it in your App Data tab:

So here you can add a new entry, delete or modify existing ones, which will automatically update on preview.

As for displaying the actual data which belongs to this city, it can be customized in workflows responsible for dropdown options:

Unfortunately, we do not have tutorials on this matter, because this is template customization and it really depends on what you are willing to accomplish with your project, but for more Bubble-related help - you can post your request here https://forum.bubble.io/ or search for existing threads, as there is lots of help from Bubble community. Or you can check our https://lab.zeroqode.com/ courses to sharpen your Bubble skills then easily tweak the template.

Hope it helps. :pray:

Hi @alexandru,

Yes your feedback always helps and also gives me greater appreciation for what Zeroqode and Bubble have done to make it even possible for us non-coders to create an app so many thanks.

One follow up question please and two new ones when you have a chance?

So let’s forget my horse example altogether. What I’m trying to do is help independent artists in different cities and provide different ways of filtering. For example, let’s say I want to find a rock band or hip hop DJ, that’s actually pretty simple with your template as I can either use the city, country or continent as an artist name and the other for genre. What’s been challenging is let’s say I’d like the drop down to list the genres, which if I choose country, it works but if I want to use continents, even if I change the mapping from cities to continents in workflow and the element itself, it doesn’t pull the images. It’s just a blank screen. You might wonder why would I want to use continents instead of country when it’s already set up. It’s because the red filter in the middle is set up to use continents and on mobile, it’s very prominent vs on desktop and I’d like to have the option to have both drop down and filter use the same data field (city, country, continent) as a filter depending on the flow of things. What would be ideal is to be able to filter by both genre AND location but I know that’s too much to ask but yeah, as of now, it seems like each of the elements (search box, drop down and filter) can ONLY do the preset despite me being able to edit and populate the other fields in the database and elements. No matter what I do, they’re not connected to the images (even though I also updated it there to match as well) If this is getting too complicated, my simple workaround is to just keep it minimal and delete the search box and dropdown altogether and copy and paste the filter into header so that it stays simple for the user.

The other two questions I had were related to mobile. When I click on the mobile view to see how it looks, it only gives me one image at a time and I’d like to have two if possible as that’s how the NomadList website looks on mobile which for me at least, makes it look more cool. It seems like you don’t have as much flexibility when customizing for mobile?

Lastly, did you have an opinion on type of video to upload which would play on mobile similar to actual NomadList app? I understand this is just a template so will have limitations so just trying to figure out what they are and work around them.

Thanks again for your time and have a nice weekend!
Sy

Hi @synthslave,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I’m afraid I cannot provide exact solutions for template customization, because it is beyond our support services, but there are some good video plugins up there that you can give a try before purchasing.

A few of them:

Or you can find other alternatives on Bubble’s marketplace here - https://bubble.io/plugins.

As for Bubble development and meeting some of your project requirements, please post your request here https://forum.bubble.io/.

Thanks for understanding. :pray:

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I never knew that the list of viewable elements change depending on what section you’re focused on. I initially thought that all the elements were listed.

Hi @alexandru,

Thanks for the plugin recommendations! Very helpful. Sorry to bother you on another topic but I tried using Inspect/Workflow, searching your forum and Bubble forum for an answer but still can’t figure it out. When you click on the cities, there’s a pop-up. And in that pop-up, that’s where you can find the reviews on Air quality, AirBnB, beer, and also a Youtube view. While I can edit the look and fonts of the title and top rows, I can’t figure out how to change anything else on the screen? For example, if I want to change the fonts of the items or even delete one of those fields because it’s not relevant, while I can delete it from the database, I can’t find the area to customize the look of the actual data that’s displayed on that specific area (Score/Guide/Cost of Living/Video)

I believe it’s a state/conditional popup but couldn’t find anything relating to editing appearances of a state/conditional popup? Or in the elements, I see Popup City but as mentioned earlier, am limited to only the title and Score/Guide/COL/Video.

Thanks!

EDIT: Solved. First what you have to do is pull the embed code from Soundcloud’s specific song share, NOT the profile as the profile will not give you that option. 2nd, when you’re in the repeating group, just stick in an html element and in the html editor, click on parent’s group and choose whatever field in your database so long as it’s a text box.

Hi @alexandru, we’re at the finish line for our MVP but found another challenge and was thinking maybe your Codepen plugin might help? Will the Codepen plugin help with embed codes in repeating groups?

The reason I ask is we’d like to have either a Soundcloud embed code and/or Bandcamp embed code populate the entire Cost of Living tab or Guide tab similar to your Video Youtube tab in the Popup City element? But not sure if html can be stored in the database similar to the Youtube links in the Video database.

Any thoughts or opinions greatly appreciated!

Hi @alexandru, sorry to bother you but there’s one last “1 issue to fix” warning that pops up preventing us from going live with the app. I’ve tried playing around with different ideas but haven’t been able to figure it out for last few hours.

Basically, I right-click on the pink filter button in the middle, copy it with all the workflows, then head on up to the header, click into it to edit the element and paste it there right next to the search bar. It’s a long story but we like the look of it and the feel especially on mobile. Everything works fine but I keep getting the “1 issue to fix” warning saying:

“Animate: Group Main Selected Filters is not a possible option”

I’ve attached some screenshots to help explain the situation. Please help as we’re ready to start using it. What’s strange is it works perfectly fine during the version test so not sure why we’re getting an error message. Thanks!

Hi @synthslave,

I’m glad you managed to solve first two questions. As for the copied button, are you actually willing to animate an element once it is clicked? It is using its workflows from page it was copied from, so it is searching for this Group element which is not an option in your Header.

If you want to animate an element, then just select the appropriate one from your Header or remove this action if you don’t want to animate anything.

Thanks

Thanks @alexandru,

Regarding to “animate” the button in the header, apologies in advance as I still don’t know all the Bubble lingo but we just want to have the button there for people to click on to access the filter since it’s easy to see on mobile. It doesn’t need to light up. But just re-read your post and I think I understand the situation more clearly. I thought by me copying and pasting a button with workflows, that I was inserting an element as well. So are you saying that there’s technically NO filter element in the header right now? If so, why does it work then because on both mobile and desktop, it’s perfect!

Is there any other way to have that button clickable to pop out the filters?

To give you some context, we deleted all the fields from the filter except for continents and are changing the names to styles of music so it is pretty important to the UI/UX of our app as it’s the basis of everything when a user is scrolling through the cities (or artists in our case)

Thanks in advance!

Hi @synthslave,

Thanks for feedback. The idea is that if you copy and paste elements from one page into another, and this element is having a workflow which uses an action that targets an element on the current page - when you copy it and paste into another page or reusable element, it might throw an issue because the element it was triggering with animate action is certainly not available in new page/reusable element, so you need to replace it.

I’m afraid I can no longer assist here as this is Bubble-dev related. I can understand your request, but template customization and Bubble help is beyond our support services in this case. So if you have more questions, please post your request on https://forum.bubble.io/.

Thanks for understanding.

Thanks for the reply and your time @alexandru! Appreciate your help. At least I know what the issue is and if we’re able to get funding, I’ll definitely reach out to you for more help!

Have a great rest of your week and looking forward to the No Code convention!

1 Like