Services Plugins FAQs

Instagram like feed based social media app to recommend music and videos

Hi all, I want to create a social media platform, with a feed just like Instagram, for sharing music and YouTube videos. A feed for recommendations.

Every time i like a song or video and want to recommend it to my friends, I have to share it with them via chat individually, there’s no social media platform to follow people based on the music they listen to and recommend.

They way it would work is, when a user shares a song from any music streaming app, or a YouTube video, it will be displayed on the feed like an Instagram post, and you will click on it and it will take you to listen to it or watch it.

This should probably be a native app.

Image thumbnail will be extracted from links because said links will be from places which provide images. Like, YouTube, Spotify, etc.

People will be able to comment, like and repost.

Do you get the idea? I’m pretty sure this can be built on Bubble but wouldn’t know how to structure it.

Happy to discuss more details if anyone would like to help with this!

Hello, @gomeznilson. Thanks for your questions.

First of all, before starting an app creation, it is necessary to gain basic Bubble skills. Let me please advise you to check out these resources.

Bubble lessons and videos:

Zeroqode course for Beginners:

Bubble manual, which contains useful references:

Second of all, it can be a bit easier to create an app you’d like to have, based on a template.
As for me, the most suitable ZQ template is a Clonegram. It’s an Instagram clone, thus it has the same Feed structure as you want.

Please find the Clonegram documentation here:

Third of all, the template requires customization, to meet all your needs. I can advise you on the following courses, to learn how to add to the template a comments and chat functionality.

Building Comments & Replies Modules Course

DuoChat Integration to Bubble App Course

Concerning the Native app. I can not provide you the info on how to create a mobile app on Bubble. Apologies for this :pray:
But Bubble apps have a responsive design (which means they will look/work fine on mob browsers), thus you can find on Forum (Bubble and Zeroqode) some tutorials or pieces of advice on how to build responsive pages:

If you still would like to have a Native (Android/iOS app), you can use our Native service .

These are the general guidelines on your question, but I still hope they will be useful for you.
Regards,

1 Like