Services Plugins FAQs

Intercom - Extended Live Chat

Hi,

I have recently installed your Intercom plugin but have a few questions:

1. How can I show and hide intercom with a workflow action (example: show when clicking in a button)?
  2. Can I make intercom show always in just some pages (example: index) but on other pages (example: app-page) use the workflows question in point #1 to show and hide accordingly?
  3. Is it possible to use intercom for “logged out users” in #2 and intercom for “logged in users” in #1?
  4. What are the main differences between installing intercom via google tag manager and with Zeroquode Plugin?

Thanks,
Dénis

I also have these questions. Zavitac, please let me know if you were able to find answers. Thank you.

Hey, @tyler1 unfortunately I had to go for a different plugin.
I went for the NocodeVenture one and now everything is working as expected. Sad because I love Zeroqode products but I was in a hurry and needed a solution ASAP.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the late reply.
We went ahead and started the creation of separate document for this plugin. Even if you are not going to use this plugin anymore, thanks to your request other users will get the doc that, hopefully, will ease the usage of the plugin.

Sorry again for not responding you for a long. :slightly_frowning_face: :pray:

Once the documentation will be created, we provide answers to the list of these questions (@tyler1). Sorry guys for the delay. Please wait a bit more.

Regards,

Thank you guys for your patience. :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

First of all, I’d like to answer @zavitac’s questions.

Unfortunately, our plugin does not provide this option. By default, if the plugin is installed into the app and has the correct App_ID/API Key values, the Intercom button will appear on each page of this app.

By default, it is not possible, unfortunately, as the plugin does not include such actions. It is a free plugin, thus, in case if you have a desire/free time and skills, you can implement those features on your own into the plugin code:

By default, the Intercom is accessible for all kinds of users (logged in and not logged in). But the “filtration” feature is not present in the plugin at the moment. I presume such functionality can be achieved with Intercom documentation - where you can find the info on how to create different campaigns and bots, which can be triggered by different cases (user logged in, etc).

Our plugin is a simple tool that you can customize (the plugin code) any way you need. It seems to be just a bit more flexible than the Google Tag’s option, but only in case, you have some REST API skills, etc.
The Google Tag’s option is more convenient because of the handy interface, that allows you to customize your Intercom more easily. Not sure what else advantages/disadvantages Google Tag>Intercom integration tool has, but I suppose it’s up to each unique user which product to use. :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope my answers will be useful for you. :blush:

Just to add. Here is the information about the plugin Setup. Hope it will be useful! :slightly_smiling_face:

1. install the plugin into the app;

2. there is no plugin element, so no need to place anything on the page to make the plugin work - it will appear on each page of an app;

3. create a developer account: Intercom

4. create an application, which you’ll be using in your Bubble app: Intercom

5. in order to get the App_ID - click on your app in the Intercom, find the 8-digit symbol in the page URL like this:

6. in order to get the API Key - go to the Authentication section and copy it to your app:

:pray:

How configure intercom live chat in bubble.io please

Hello, i need to configure this pluguin en bubble.io .

@normalito200,

Please take a look at the above post I have created. There you can find an instruction on how to set up the plugin keys and where to find them.

Sorry, this plugin does not have a demo page because it is super simple - you just have to install the plugin in your app and the intercom will appear on each page of your app.

Next, you have to set up your intercom dashboard the way you need. How to do it, you can find here:

Hope it helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, I have successfully installed the plugin and Intercom is showing in the UI. What I am confused about is how to setup the User information to be sent to Intercom. I can’t see this mentioned anywhere in the guides.

Is anyone able to help out here?