Services Plugins FAQs

Internal or External Data Source

Hello -

I’m perplexed as to how this data should be entered when adding a user to the HomeBNB Template. I’m to Step 3 and there isn’t anything to click on and when I go to the workflow and parents category, I’m not sure where to enter the info.

Pics Attached

Hello, @chris3. Thanks for reaching out.

On your screenshots, you are showing the Group Collapse which is used for separating the Group Amenities from Group Room Type. When the page width equals or smaller than 1024 px - this element is not visible, meaning when you’re viewing this page from the mob device, this group will be collapsed and Step 3 looks like this:

But if the page width is more than 1024 px, this group will visually separate the radio buttons group from the buttons group:

Please let me know what exact data you are going to add in the Group Collapse? and what is the issue you’ve faced? I’ll try to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,

This is what it looks like from the Web App Live Mode. There is no data at all to choose from.

@chris3,

The probable reason why the groups Room Type and Facilities are not loaded is that one of the workflow conditions are not met. Please check with the enabled debugger:
https://www.loom.com/share/bf844660b4984f32ae289f4d4aae2f17

As per the fact, we do not encounter any alike issues on our demo template page, I can recommend you to create a new template copy (create a new app, using this template as a base), run the same workflow, and make sure groups Room Type and Facilities will be visible.

Also, if you don’t see alike issues on the version-test, please make sure you have done a database deploy as well:

I hope it helps. Let me know if there are any details from you or if I can help you somehow else.
Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When I tested the template copy and got to that step, the google api prevented me from choosing the address and I couldn’t go any further.

When I ran a preview on the actual app to try and debug it, the preview showed the correct info and I was actually able to setup the entire new profile - see attached pic.

. However, the live version of the app STILL doesn’t allow me to click past step three.

@chris3,

Well, that’s expected, because adding a new property process includes the input address field, which can’t work normally when the Google Maps API keys are not set. Plus, there is a condition in the workflow that prevents from going to the 3rd step, when the user has not entered the property address. So you need to set up Google Maps API keys.

I presume you were previewing the version-test here? If you have no troubles with the app on the test version - it means you have forgotten to deploy the database/design correctly.

Please make sure you have done a database deployment as well.

In order to feel confident in the Bubble template customization, we always recommend to all our users gain some solid Bubble skills. Please do not hesitate to check these educational resources:

Also please make sure you have investigated carefully the template documentation.

I hope it helps. Take care.

Should I start over? Can I start over? Is this an option? Would it even matter? I haven’t changed any of the items that are causing an issue and in fact, I haven’t made any structural changes to the template however, when I’m testing the template, that I paid for, there are issues.

You mentioned deploying the database/regions correctly…there is only one option to deploy and that’s to the live version. See my attached pic.

This is the EASIEST button to use and I’ve used it before and after having this issue with STEP 3. Why would it work in the DEVELOPMENT PREVIEW and not in the LIVE Version? That makes no sense considering I’ve deployed it.

This is still what the development STEP 3 looks like.

Should it look different?

This is all feeling like a game of cat and mouse that allows you to push me toward Zero Lab that you want me to pay for or to watch generic videos that don’t pertain to ANY of the templates that you offer.

To say that I’m frustrated is an understatement.Every day goes by and I wait for your replies that don’t really help. I’ve watched the videos that you’ve sent. I’ve done the practice drills prior to starting this app. I’ve Youtubed videos from other “no-coders”. I’ve even created a post on UPWORK to pay someone to figure this out…

I just followed your steps again and deployed the development version preview (which works) to the live version and previewed it (still doesn’t work). What now?

@chris3,

The links I’ve shared lead to the free Zeroqode course and other free resources. The point I’ve sent them to you is to provide you with the opportunity to get more Bubble skills. Without them, you will still have numerous questions about the template and won’t be able to understand how to use and customize the template made on Bubble. That’s my only aim.

I have sent you also a link to the Bubble Manuals that explains how and why you can do the database deployment. The screenshot you are showing - is a design deployment (page structure, not data).
The group’s Room Type/Facilities values are listed in the app’s database. So it might be necessary to do a database deployment from DEVELOPMENT to LIVE (of this particular table or all that you have), to let your template on the live version have the necessary values it should show in groups Room Type/Facilities.

Chris, I understand your concerns and feelings. But to resolve that concerns, you should obtain at least the beginner Bubble skills. Such skills help you understand how does the Bubble editor work, and how to set up your template.

Please do not neglect to check the free educational resources I’ve shared. These resources are very informative and understandable. They should help you understand how to work with Bubble unless they don’t show how to edit the template you have purchased.

Thank you for understanding and please accept my apologies, if my previous suggestions seemed unclear to you.

Take care.

First pic - Development Version Preview. It works like it should.

Second Pic - Live Version Preview AFTER Deploying the Development to Live. It DOES NOT work as it should.

@chris3,

Thanks for the clarification. I’m sorry for the back and forth with this. I supposed the deployment should help you to resolve this issue, but now I see that the problem you have is more related to the Bubble editor.

Here I mean that if after the template deployment the app functions differently on version-test and version-live - it is an issue caused by the Bubble editor (app environment).

I can recommend you report your issue to the Bubble Support team. Please send them a bug report and specify your issue and provide the details on it:

I hope it helps. :pray:

1 Like

I’ve messaged Bubble. I’ll be in touch. Thank you Kate and Team.

1 Like