Services Plugins FAQs

Invalid file location

Hi, I need help. When a file is uploaded to Wasabi, it is only possible to add a prefix to the name, there is no way to replace it completely. This way, when I add a unique ID, the file with the prefix unique ID plus its proper name appears in the Wasabi bucket. This has made its location impossible. I think there would be two exits. One would be to upload it by eliminating the name of the file, where in the Wasabi bucket we would only see the unique ID. Perhaps this is not the most plausible because I believe that if another file is sent within the same request, there would be a conflict, but I would have to test to reach a conclusion. The other way, which I think would be the most suitable, is to indicate the exact path to the location of the file that contains the unique ID plus the proper name of the file. But neither I nor the Programmer I hired could do it.

These three images show the dynamic creation of the ID, how the filename is appearing in the Wasabi bucket and the file location in the Download button workflow, respectively.

If anyone can help me, I will be forever grateful.

upload adicionando ao prefixo do nome do arquivo o ID Ăşnico do pedido
arquivo no bucket Wasabi contendo prefixo e seu prĂłprio nome
Local do arquivo contendo nome do completo do arquivo e contendo o ID Ăşnico do pedido

Hi @Alex.Figueiras, thanks for your message.

Currently, the Wasabi plugin functionality doesn’t allow to rename the file totally. We will check how feasible it will be to add the requested feature to the future plugin update, thank you for suggesting it.

As a workaround, you can create folders named by unique user ID where you can store and download from, requested files.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else related to our plugin.
Regards,

@Serg Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. What is the call that allows access to file names in a folder?

Hi @Alex.Figueiras, sorry for the delayed reply from our side (due to the weekend).
Allow me to provide feedback on your request tomorrow, asap.
Thank you for understanding.
Regards,

@Serg of course friend, I will be very grateful for your answer. Have a great weekend.

1 Like

Hi @Alex.Figueiras, to access the file names in a folder, please use the “Retrieve files” action, see below the example.

Hope it helps. Please let me know if I can help with anything else about our plugin.
Regards,

1 Like

@Serg thank you very much

1 Like

Hi @Alex.Figueiras, you’re welcome :wink:
Have a nice day!
Regards,

@Serg 2 challenges emerged.

Question 1 is as follows:

Listing the files by the unique order id works but it pollutes the names with their prefix a lot. Checking if these lost files inside a folder named with that same unique id, it is possible to list the files that are searched only in that folder, without the need for them to have the unique id as a prefix. However, when trying to make this flow more functional I came across the following question, to determine if a mass that will contain the files is new or already exists I need to be able to list all the masses that were inside the main bucket. However, when using the “Recover Buckets” action it returns only the main bucket and not folders within it. How can I resolve this issue?

Question 2 is about the progress bar, where the only option available is the 's upload progress action, but there should be a 's download progress bar, but it doesn’t exist. I tried using 's Upload progress for downloading, but it didn’t work. How to proceed?

Thank you very much.

Hi @Alex.Figueiras, thanks for your questions.

Please be sure to leave the following field empty:

Unfortunately, plugin functionality doesn’t provide such an option (to display download progress) as it have no access to such data (tracking current load). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else about our plugin.

Have a nice weekend :wink:
Regards,