Services Plugins FAQs

Invision Community + Native App

I run a website that is using IPB forum software, the site already has built in browser notifications but I am wondering what the process would be to add mobile notification to a native app.

If I can get this to work that would be awesome :man_technologist:

Some browser notifications include:

• New reply to posted content
  • New PM
  • Notification if added to a conversation

Hello, you would need to use Onesignal integration to link those browser notifications with native push notifications. Hope this helps
Thanks

Hello.

I have purcased the native app software and and working with it.

Couple things.

How can i get some help with the OneSignal Integration?

Also what code is need to set a background refresh on the app?

Lastly when you pull to refresh the page bounces to the status bar. What code is needed to keep the page from overlapping with the status bar?

Thanks!

I am also noticing an issue where if someone clicks an external link and it is set to open in the same window there is no way of going back to the main site.

Setting the link to open in a new window causes it to flash on the screen and then disappear.

Hi,

Here are video tutorials for Android OneSignal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vij1exOBJmU and Firebase https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exUvzbQ9eK4.

For iOS is similar, just follow the documentation from OneSignal. In the app, you only need to put your OneSignal Id as shown on the quick guide video.

Best

I was able to do that but what I need some help/guidance with is linking the browser notification with the onesignal notifications. Which is what @levon suggested.

Here are some other items:

What code is need to set a background refresh on the app?

When you pull to refresh the page bounces to the status bar. What code is needed to keep the page from overlapping with the status bar?

I am also noticing an issue where if someone clicks an external link and it is set to open in the same window there is no way of going back to the main site.

Setting the link to open in a new window causes it to flash on the screen and then disappear.