Services Plugins FAQs

IP Geolocation not producing country codes in Bubble.io

Hey forum/support,

I can’t get the IP Geolocation plugin to play ball… (figuratively, not literally ofc)

My use case is simple: I want to use the plugin to convert a users IP address to a country code.

To achieve this I have put the plugin element on the page, set it to “Response (IP geolocation)” and created a workflow that uses the element’s data to get country code and make changes to a user data field of the same name.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 15.13.24

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 15.13.48

I even tried adding a text field next to the IP Geolocation element to grab the country code dynamically but nothing populates there or in the user database.

I’ve tested this in dev and live versions using different browsers and nothing gets stored either way.

Please help!

Hi @founders,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.

Currently, our dev team is working on updating the plugin with a different service. We are expecting an update in no time. Once it happens I will let you know.
Thank you for your understanding. :pray:

Best regards,

1 Like

Thanks Igor! We look forward to an update on the plugin very soon then

Hi @Igor,

Has your dev team been successful in updating the plugin with a different service? We’ve started to eyeball different plugins to achieve the desired outcome but would prefer to stick with Zeroqode. So, if you have a ballpark estimate that would be greatly appreciated (once it works I’ll stop making :soccer: references)

Thanks!

Hi @founders,
Thank you for your message and patience.

This plugin was acquired by Zeroqode a while ago, and in a recent update became even more helpful, getting more states to be used.
ip geolocation states 1

ip geolocation states 2

To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.13.0: Added more states) and give it a try.

In case there will be any plugin-related questions, feel free to reach out, will be glad to help you. :slight_smile:

Have a great day!
Regards,

Hi @Igor, we’re coming back to tell you the plugin seems to have stopped working. It doesn’t populate any data despite updating it to the latest version (1.16.0)

We’ve tried using IP Geolocator’s Ip and Country code but neither seems to be producing any values.

What’s new? How can we get it to work again – do we need an API key or something? We really want to retrieve users’ IP address and Country code. If it’s due to adblocker, are there ways to ensure we always get a user’s IP info when they open our app in their browser?

Many thanks and best regards,

Hi @founders,
Thank you for your message.

The IP Geolocation Plugin was overwritten from scratch and you should use only version 1.16 or higher in order for it to work.

If you had it installed previously inside your app, try to delete the plugin element, reinstall the plugin and place it again on the page, using the latest version of it.
The IP Geolocation Plugin uses the https://ipapi.co/ library and for demo purposes comes with free keys inside its code that allow pulling up to 1000 requests per day.

To avoid any stopping working inside your app, we’ve added the possibility to insert personal API keys that can be obtained by subscribing to a paid plan, see more information in the supporting documentation:

I’ve checked it on my side as well, with AdBlock enabled on the page, the results will be empty and the plugin does not get any results, unfortunately.

For more information please check the plugin demo editor page: Appkit | Bubble Editor

If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.
All the best, :pray: