Services Plugins FAQs

Ip geolocation plugin for multilang. apps

Hello everyone
I am using zeroqode “ip geolocation” plugin.
My idea is for the plugin to retrieve the language of the user and then reload the page adding to the url the 4 DIGITS language code that bubble requires to switch languages.

My problem is that, although the plugin does an excellent job in retrieving the location of the user, it doesn’t seem able to enrich the URL with the much needed 4 DIGITS ISO CODE.

Thank for any help offered.

Hello @parkineasynow,

Thank you for your message, and I apologize for my delayed response over the weekend.

The IP Geolocation Plugin displays user information based on their IP address, and the IP geolocation plugin language state indicates the most commonly spoken language in that area in text format. Please refer to the screenshots below.

As a workaround, you can try using the Bubble method by truncating the text to four symbols or using other text operators.
You can find more information on text operators at Operators & Comparisons - Bubble Docs.

Additionally, you might find this plugin more suitable for your use case: Browser Language and Locale Plugin | Bubble.

If you have any further questions about plugins, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Thanks a lot, I am on my hasrh way of solving this. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @parkineasynow,
Thank you for your reply, you are always welcome. :slight_smile:

I wish you success in resolving your current issue inside your app.

If you have any other inquiries related to plugins, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I would be more than happy to assist you.
All the best, :pray: