Services Plugins FAQs

Is it possible to adjust the sound quality when using Agora Video Conferencing (WebRTC) and Streaming with Cloud Recording? If yes, how?

Is it possible to adjust the sound quality when using Agora Video Conferencing (WebRTC) and Streaming with Cloud Recording? If yes, how?

Hello, @hidetaka.ko
Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, but this option is not intended by components of our plugin.
You can work with the audio quality only from your side (additional microphone and audio of your device).

We are sorry for this inconvenience.
Best regards,

Thanks for replying. Is it impossible to change parameter for audio to work with the quolity?

Hello, @hidetaka.ko

The Agora platform provides users with some choice in audio quality. Our “Agora Streaming & Video Conferencing” plugin by default uses “high_quality_stereo”, i.e. the highest acceptable audio quality.

In case you want to degrade the audio quality, could you please provide us some details on this matter and we will investigate the possibility to degrade quality.

Best regards,

Thanks for replying. @ Ecaterina
・Is there any other way to improve the sound quality to a higher level?
・Is the sound quality of this plugin exactly the same as the sound quality of the demo of this plugin?

When I used Agora Streaming & Video Conferencing to test the quality for group video, the audio quality is not good when we talk with 6 people.

So, I am curious to change parameter or code for audio to work with the quality. Any platform like Agora or Bubble is fine.

If I can’t improve the quality of sound when I test the sound quality using the above demos, then I believe that the product can’t meet the requirements of the minimum necessary standards and thus I can’t validate the business.

Hello, @hidetaka.ko
Thanks for your additional questions.

Unfortunately, no. Our plugin uses the highest possible quality for the audio ( allow me to mention that we have tested this plugin more than once and the sound quality is really fine).

Yes, you are right. On our Demo Version, you can test the current possibilities of the plugin.

I would like to note that the issue for bad audio quality could be reproduced from your technical side: echo, internet connection, location, microphone. Any external factor can harm sound quality.

We are sorry for this inconvenience, but there is no way to improve it.
Regards,

@ Ecaterina
Thanks for explaining the information.

Is it impossible to use Agora API like “API Connecter” without using the plugin by zeroqode?

Hello, @hidetaka.ko
Thanks for this question.

Yes, you can use the “Agora API” without using our “Agora Streaming & Video Conferencing” plugin.

You can use the API Connector in your Bubble Editor tohether with Agora API. Please find below the documentation for this: https://docs.agora.io/en/All/api-ref?platform=All%20Platforms

Hope it will help you.
Regards,

@Ecaterina Cool.

And, Is it possible to make new plugin by using Agora SDK?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the “Agora API” and the “Agora Streaming & Video Conferencing plugin” and “Plugin by using SDK”?

I read this document.
https://docs.agora.io/en/Voice/API%20Reference/web_ng/index.html

I couldn’t find any information on how to connect the methods and how to authenticate them. Do you know about this way?

@Ecaterina

I understand that there are two main ways to implement group call functionality in Bubble.

The first is to use the plugin provided by zeroqode.
The second is to create your own plugin using Agora’s SDK.

I also understand that the Zeroqode plugin probably does not cover all the features of Agora.

What are the features of Agora that are not covered by Zeroqode?
If I want to adjust the sound quality of a group call, will it be possible using the second method?

If I want to create a voice-only group call service where a group of 4~10 people can come and go as they please, is it better to implement it using the first method or the second method?

Hello, @hidetaka.ko
Thanks for all your questions.

Please find below our comments on all your questions:

Firstly, I’m afraid, we don’t create plugins for users or do plugin customization services, mostly we develop them by following the market demand.

However, we’ve taken into consideration adding these features in future updates. We need to see how feasible it is to implement. So, we can’t advise you anything regarding this option.

The first step is to connect the “API Connector” entering the “Plugin Tab” in the Bubble Editor.

Allow me to recommend you to analyze this documentation to be able to configure Agora API: https://manual.bubble.io/core-resources/bubble-made-plugins/api-connector

As for sound quality, our plugin covers the highest quality, which is available in Agora. But, I’m afraid, that the quality of the call depends not only on the plugin but also on external criteria.
Using the Agora Streaming & Video Conferencing plugin you can simply disconnect the video and use only the audio call function.

Allow me to recommend you analyzing of the documentation for both components of our plugin for better understanding:

https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/agora-api-connector-plugin/agora-streaming-component

https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/agora-api-connector-plugin/agora-streaming-component/agora-cloud-recording-for-streaming-component

Hope my answers will help you a bit.
Regards,

@Ecaterina
Could you tell me the definition of “the highest quality”? Vocal range? Latency?
If I use Agora SDK and make new plugin for Agora by myself, is it impossible to change the vocal range or latency?

@Ecaterina
Could you tell me the good tutorial or document when I use Agora Streaming & Video Conferencing plugin? I am having a hard time implementing the call feature with this plugin.

Hello, @hidetaka.ko

Our " Agora Streaming & Video Conferencing plugin" uses high_quality_stereo, which is the best quality for Agora.
High-fidelity audio is essential for professional audio scenarios, such as for podcasts and singing competitions. So, the sample rate is about 48 kHz and a bitrate of 128 Kbps.

Even if you will create a plugin by yourself, you will not be able to improve the quality of the initial source - Agora.

I apologize, but can you please repeatedly check the quality of your devices ( microphone, browser and etc.) because, after numerous tests, we quality of the audio is still good.

Sure thing, you can analyze the documentation for both elements ( Streaming component/ Conference rooms ). Here you can find the detailed instruction for setting the plugin in your application:
https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/agora-api-connector-plugin/agora-streaming-component

https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/agora-api-connector-plugin/agora-streaming-component/agora-cloud-recording-for-streaming-component

Also, please carefully analyze the Demo Page of the plugin. Here you can see all elements and workflows for them.

Please let me know if any additional questions will appear.
Best reards,

@Ecaterina
Thanks for replying good information. It’s very helpful.
If I create a plugin by yourself, is it impossible to change kHz and Kbps as well?

Hello, @hidetaka.ko
I’m glad to hear that my answer was helpful for you.

I’m afraid that it is not possible. Even if you will create a new plugin, based on the Agora functional, you can’t change and increase the kHz and Kbps, because this exceeds the maximum capacity of the сore functionality.

Best regards,

@Ecaterina
I’m sorry I will change the questions.
You can’t increase the sound quality, but you can decrease it if you use the SDK to create a new plugin yourself, right?

I understand from reading this document that it can be done, no?
https://docs.agora.io/en/Video/audio_profile_android?platform=Android

Hello, @hidetaka.ko

Yes, you can decrease the quality, but not increase it. However, we think that decreasing the quality of the audio within your application will not have a positive impact on work with it.

Also, I would like to note that creating the new plugin in Bubble, based on SDK, is a very difficult thing.

Hope my answer will help you.
Regards,

Yes, you can decrease the quality, but not increase it. However, we think that decreasing the quality of the audio within your application will not have a positive impact on work with it.

@Ecaterina
You say that lowering the sound quality is not a good idea, but I think it’s hard to say because the optimal balance between sound quality and bandwidth depends on the use case. I’m thinking that lowering the sound quality may improve the user experience. For example, if you are playing a game, if the sound quality of the group call is too high, you will have less capacity to play the game and the user experience of the game should be worse.

Do you think this perception is wrong?