Services Plugins FAQs

Issue with box.com service upload

I’m having trouble with the box.com service. It appears that I’ve gotten everything set correctly according to the documentation and the example, and I’m not getting any errors when I look at the logs. However, when I attempt to upload a file, it doesn’t appear in my box account. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Hello, @justin2. Thanks for reaching out.
Please accept my apologies for the late reply.

I’m afraid, we are not encountering the issue with the file uploading on our side. Can you please share the details of your setup, the error message you receive, steps to reproduce your case? Any details that might help us investigate your trouble.

Also, let me please recommend you check once again the plugin demo page set up as a workable example of the Upload File action:

Hope it helps. :pray:

Hi @kate,

No worries on the delay!

Essentially what I’m trying to do is upload a file to box using a backend workflow. I’ve tried the upload using a frontend workflow as well and can’t seem to get it to work. There are no errors being given, the API seems to be setup correctly and the box app seems to be setup correctly as well. It’s running the workflow and then just not uploading the file, even though there is a file attached to the workflow itself. Nothing is showing up in my box account. To me it seems pretty straight forward in the example and I’ve got it setup exactly the same, from what I can tell… I tell box I need an access token, then use that access token when I run the upload action. The file just doesn’t show up in my box account.

@justin2,

Uploading files to the box account from the backend is a possible plugin use case indeed. Still, once we are not encountering any issues with the file uploading functionality on our end, the only thing I can recommend you is to re-check your setup once again and compare it with our demo page.

Let me please know if there any way I can assist you.
Regards,

I figured it out! The files were uploading to box, just not to my account. They were uploading to a user generated for the box app that was setup that I couldn’t see from my box admin account and could only see when I went into the account admin area.

@justin2,

Oh, that’s great! :sweat_smile:
I’m glad that you have figured it out. Apologies for not being helpful.

Have a good day!