Services Plugins FAQs

Issue with Bubble to PDF Plugin

Issue 1: Current release throws an error. So running on previous release.

Issue 2: When printing a long repeating group. Text needs to drop onto the next page. The text that drops onto the next page is overlapping with the next row of the RG. So the text becomes illegible.

I have tried a bunch of quick fixes - shrunk everything down, added padding to the RG row, made the text wider but am still having this issue.

Hope you can help as I have clients chasing me for a fix :slight_smile:

Looking for some support and help on this issue!

Issue is resolved if I roll back to V1.83.0 but we loose some other functionality.

Hello @sk1,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We regret to hear you’re experiencing difficulties with our plugin. To better assist you, we’d appreciate it if you could provide more details so we can accurately replicate any issues on our end.

For the initial problem, could you please detail the error occurring with version “1.117.0”? Specifically, we’re looking for screenshots and screencasts of how you’ve set up your workflow, particularly regarding the ‘Generate PDF’ action. Do you have any “Pagebreak ids” ? It would also be helpful to see the exact error that you see.
For recording screencasts, we recommend using the Loom tool. Please ensure your video captures each step clearly, with the browser’s console visible to catch any error messages. Share the link with us for a comprehensive understanding of your situation.

Regarding your second concern, could you outline how you’ve configured the Repeating Group? This information will enable us to replicate the scenario on our side.

In the meantime, feel free to continue using the plugin version that functions best for you.

Thank you once again for your patience and for bringing this to our attention.

Looking forward to your reply. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hey @Stephan Stephan thanks for getting back to me.

Issue 1:

The plugin Bubble Page to PDF converter / action Generate PDF a Converter to PDF threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘setAttribute’)
at eval (PLUGIN_1526888373861x305666508856229900/Bubble-Page-to-PDF-converter-element_action–Converter-to-PDF-Generate–PDF–.js:3:6055)
at Array.forEach () (please report this to the plugin author)

issue 2

Hello @sk1,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the video with us.

I’ve launched a detailed investigation with our development team to address the issues. Rest assured, I’ll keep you informed about any developments or if we need more information from you to delve deeper into the matter.

I also wanted to let you know that I had trouble opening the first video you sent, I was only able to view the second one. Could you please resend it at your earliest convenience?

Your cooperation and patience in this matter are greatly appreciated. We’re committed to find any underlying cause of these issues.

If you have any more questions or updates in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Best regards,
Stephan

@Stephan

1 Like

Hello @sk1,

Hope you’re doing well.

I’m reaching out with some exciting news that follows up on our previous discussion concerning the issue you encountered with our plugin - Bubble Page to PDF converter. I’m pleased to inform you that in the latest plugin version “1.118.0”, our developers have successfully resolved the problem with parsing dropdown that was causing the “Set Attribute” error.

Could you please update the plugin in your app, and test if you still get any errors like the one you reported?

Regarding your second inquiry with the output PDF you showed us, we have tried tried to reproduce it on our end but with no avail. To further investigate it, could you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators in your application and share the app’s link with us? By doing so, we will be able to examine your settings and replicate them on our end to pinpoint the problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, please follow these steps in the Bubble Editor: ï»żSettings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com.

As well, please share instructions on how to reproduce the issue on our side, the name of the page where the plugin element is located. A short description of where to click and some test user credentials to log in to be able to troubleshoot the reported issue.

Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention. Your input is invaluable to us. :pray:

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stephan

@Stephan Cannot provide direct access to the app without getting the proper engagements in place as this doesn’t adhere to our SOC 2 requirements. Happy to share over a Teams call. Simon

Hello @sk1,

Thank you for your message.

I totally understand your concerns and would like to assure you that sharing the app is not mandatory. :pray:

Could you please confirm if you’ve attempted updating the plugin within your app to address the error issue? It’s crucial for us to know whether the problem persists. A simple confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

Regarding your second issue, we suggest several adjustments in your settings to enhance the PDF output:

1. Adjust Page Breaks: Ensure explicit page breaks are set in your Bubble app’s design. Using invisible shapes or groups as markers can effectively manage content distribution across pages.
  2. Element IDs for Breaks: Leverage the ability to define Element IDs for page breaks within the plugin’s settings. Assigning unique IDs to particular elements helps control page breaks, preventing text cutoffs mid-paragraph.
  3. Dynamic Content Adjustment: If dealing with variable-length content, consider a check on character counts or the height of text elements. This approach aids in dynamically inserting page breaks or adjusting layouts for seamless content flow.
  4. Font Size and Margins: Experimenting with various font sizes and margins can enhance control over content placement and page transitions.
  5. Preview and Adjust: Utilize the plugin’s preview feature to experiment with different settings. This iterative approach is key to finding the optimal setup for your needs.
  6. Consult the Plugin Documentation: For further customization, we recommend reviewing the plugin documentation for additional guidance.

We hope you find these suggestions useful. Please keep us updated on your progress or if you need any further assistance.

Wishing you a productive weekend ahead!

Best regards,
Stephan