Services Plugins FAQs

Issue with Fuzzy Search & Autocorrect (very high WU Consumption)

Hi there @zeroqode !

I’m having an issue with the Search & Autocorrect plugin (this one precisely)

The plugin has been consuming a crazy amount of Workload Units (100.000 WU today, 76.000 yesterday…)… It’s been working fine for around 2 months, but those last 3 days have been crazy (see screenshots attached).

I’ve had a spike in page views in the last few days, but nothing too crazy.

Have I been doing something wrong? Is there a bug with this plugin ? Is there a way I can decrease its WU consumption or do I have to switch to Algolia ?

The crazy thing is that I’ve switch the Data Source of my Search & Autocorrect element from a “Do a Search For” to a “Repeating Group X List of X’s”. So technically, the element should not even perform a search, as the data source is a list from a Repeating Group…

I’ve got a significant amount of page view, and each time it loads some data, so I’m not sure if sticking with your plugin is a good idea in my case, but I’d be happy to stick with it if you have a solution.

Today, I’ve been forced to delete the Search & Autocorrect element from my page to stop the WU consumption.

Please help, thank you !

(On a side note, the plugin is great and works very well, so I’d really like to keep on using it !)

---- Search & Autocorrect settings ----

You will find here a screenshot of my configuration. The size of the list of thing I’m searching for is 190 records (which isn’t amazingly big…)

I am facing the same issue with the same plugin.

It’s exactly the same issue as reported by OP above.

Nothing else has changed, but the WUs have spiked like crazy on this plugin’s element.

We are searching on around 1700 records on a single field, which used to work fine just three days before.

Some urgent help would be much appreciated as this is a live instance where we can’t easily replace the element. Thanks!

@AntonZ please highlight this to the right person on the team.

Hey @pranab

FYI I’m in touch with Bubble’s support. They did find an unexpected behaviour and are working on it.

Crazy thing, I’ve deleted the search with this plugin, and I still have a big amount of WU consumed by the plugin, even though it’s deleted…

Clearly there is an issue with it.

I’m gonna send this forum post to Bubble’s support ad well.

I’ll keep you updated. In the meantime, I recommend to get in touch with the support as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @thomas.couderq and @thomas.couderq,

I deeply apologize for the delay in my response. :pray:

We’ve addressed your concern over on the Bubble forum, and our response can be found here: WU Explosion without reason : am I the only one? - Question - Bubble Forum

It’s important to stress that we haven’t introduced any recent changes that might be responsible for this behavior. The emergence of this issue is indeed puzzling, and we’re keen to uncover its root cause.

In order to get to the bottom of this, we kindly request your permission to access your app. You can grant us access by adding the support@zeroqode.com email to your app’s collaborators. Our developers would like to examine the logs to identify any unusual behavior related to the plugin in your specific use cases. Feel free to share the app link with us via DM here on the forum or through email at the address above.

Wishing all of you a productive Monday! :star2:

Hello @pranab and @thomas.couderq,

We appreciate your patience :pray:

We’re pleased to inform you that we’ve released an update - version 1.26.0 - which includes an improvement aimed at reducing the workload units consumed by the plugin. We kindly request that you update the plugin and keep an eye on the workload unit usage over the next few days. We’re eager to know if this update has resolved the issue you’ve been encountering.

Wishing you both an amazing day! :hugs:

Hey @dorel !

Sorry, I completely forgot to answer you previous message… My bad !

It seems that the issues do comes out from Bubble, more than your plugin in the end.

However ! I’m really happy to know about this update !

Do you have an idea of how much % of WU consumption you were able to save with this ?

I’ve switched to Algolia to reduce my WU consumption meanwhile Bubble resolves the issue, but if you made progress on this, I’ll gladly make the switch back to your plugin :smiley:

Hi @thomas.couderq,

The developers haven’t specified a fixed amount, but the reduction in workload unit usage could be significant based on the usage from the users.

We recommend monitoring the usage over the next few days to see if this update has resolved the issue on your page. Many users have experienced similar behavior, however, some did not use our plugin.

Cheers! :hugs: