Services Plugins FAQs

Issue with Rich Text Editor

Just let us know as soon as you push the update. Thanks! :blush:

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your patience during the whole period. :raised_hands:

I’m excited to share news of our latest plugin update and the release of version 1.164.
In this update, we’ve introduced two new features to the plugin element: “HTML with style” and “HTML with nested lists” checkboxes.

Please update the plugin inside your app to the latest version and let us know if everything works well.
Kindly read the description of each checkbox and it does. :slight_smile:

If you have additional questions, please let me know.
Have a great week ahead.
Regards, :pray:

1 Like

Thank you! Looking forward to testing it out today. :blush:

1 Like

I just tested it, it seems like there are still a few issues. It is definitely a change in the right direction. It looks like we are almost there.

1. It doesn’t display correctly after saving to the database.
  2. The result shows a few things that are not correct still.

I will send you a video of this in a DM.

We are almost there! So close. :blush:

1 Like

I hope it won’t be another two weeks to get this fixed. :sweat_smile: You guys were so close.

The latest update is very close to what we need as well. The nesting is a bit off. And when you save the content it messes up the visual of the editor.

1 Like

Like @thomasgbostwick said, it’s close but still not working. Please check the private message I sent you about it. I sent the video showing you what it looks like. :blush:

Thanks @Igor

Hello @thomasgbostwick,
Thanks for reaching out.

Could you provide more clarity? I’m curious to know if, after you save RTE content into the Database, you then display that content in the same RTE element or a different element on the page.

In case its the same, it’s important to deselect both ‘HTML with style’ and ‘HTML with nested lists’.

I’d appreciate further details about how you’re using this feature, your settings for the plugin element, and your overall workflow.

This will enable me to better understand your situation and discuss it with our development team. :pray:

Hi @jay,

After reviewing the specifics of your application and use case, we have identified the following:

Your process involves using an RTE element for editing content, which is subsequently stored in the database. This content is then both displayed in the same editor and converted into a PDF file (using another service).

To display content in the editor correctly, it’s important to deselect ‘HTML with style’ and ‘HTML with nested lists’.

Conversely, for the PDF conversion, the ‘HTML with nested lists’ option needs to be selected.

Currently, the Plugin is optimized to handle one task effectively — either displaying in the editor or sending the correct formatting to a PDF file, but not both.

We are planning to introduce a minor enhancement by adding an additional custom state to address this.

You will be notified as soon as this new feature is available. :raised_hands:

Your understanding and patience are greatly appreciated.
Regards,

@Igor

By at least having an additional state for saving the data both ways, that would be fine. Then at least we can make a work around for the time being. That would be good. Please let us know when you push that update. Thanks! :blush:

1 Like

Your response to @jay covers the issue that I am seeing as well.

2 Likes

@Igor Just wondering if there is an update on adding the state?

1 Like

Hello @thomasgbostwick and @jay,

We appreciate your patience.

We have just released an updated plugin, version 1.166.0, which includes two new features: “HTML style/nested lists” state and a dropdown option for “HTML with.”

Now, to display HTML content within the same Editor, simply choose one of the two HTML options from the dropdown menu.

If you need to print the Editor’s content, please select the “HTML style/nested lists” state.

Please let us know if everything is working smoothly for you now. :hugs:

Should you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out. Wishing you a fantastic weekend ahead.

Warm regards, :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thank you for getting back to us. We will test it out. :blush:

1 Like

The new state helped. Thank you! This gives us 3 working bullet points at least. At the 4th and 5th bullet point it starts acting funny. But this at least gets us going in the right direction. Thank you again. :blush:

1 Like

@Igor Any way we can fix these bullet points to not be so large after the first one? Maybe on the next update you do to the plugin? :blush:

@Igor I agree with @jay. It is working well until we get to the 4th bullet point. Not too big of a deal. I also agree that the sub bullet points don’t look good. This is not normal behavior in a word document. Thank you for all the help!

2024-01-23_11-48-14

Hello @jay and @thomasgbostwick,

We appreciate your prompt response and your valuable feedback.

Could you please clarify whether this issue is specific to printing the HTML content from the RTE element or if it also occurs when displaying the saved HTML content from the database within the RTE element?

If the issue pertains to printing, kindly provide information about the printing solution that is being used. :pray:

Please share more details about your setup for the plugin element, and the workflow you use, and provide instructions on how to reproduce this behavior on our end.

Additionally, please inform us if you are currently using the following plugin:

or if you have the Top 15 Plugins for Bubble-Bundle, which includes the Advanced Rich Text Editor Plugin.

This information is very important.

Looking forward to your reply.
Wishing you a wonderful day ahead.

Best regards,

@Igor I am using the Advanced Rich Text Editor Plugin for Bubble.

It is displaying fine in the RTE using the “HTML” state, but when we are sending the “HTML style/nested list” state it is not printing it properly. It almost works, just those big bullet points look weird.

Not sure what changes with the bullet points after the first one.

We are using Docmosis to print.

Either way, if we save it to the database or if we send it directly from the RTE, this happens.

@Igor I have the exact same setup as @jay. Docmosis is able to receive html to create PDF documents.

Hi @jay, @thomasgbostwick,
Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the delayed reply over the weekend.

Since the issue appears only when printing the page, I recommend checking with the Docmosis service team or trying a different printing solution.

It’s important to note the following:

1. Use the ZQ RTE HTML state to display the HTML code within the editor or on the same page where the plugin element is present.
  2. Use ZQ RTE HTML Style/Nested List state when you need to display the RTE content on a different page where you don’t have the plugin element itself or when you need to print something.
  3. When saving the HTML content from the RTE element, you have to select the Nested List option from the plugin element dropdown.

Workflow/Setup example:

Summary

Database:

Preview:

Testing on W3 Schools:

See my test page for additional reference:

Here is a short Loom video that showcases the plugin configuration and how to display the HTML content within the same page where the RTE element is located.
https://www.loom.com/share/c0ff8ddbe3944024a3b2382fd1ce1da8

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you need any further information, and thank you once again for your cooperation. :pray:
Have a great week ahead.
Regards,