Services Plugins FAQs

Jobly Customer login

Hi,

We created customers with email addresses. At the backend, customers and locations are updated. However not the Users for the customers to login themselves and place a request.

Please check and confirm.

Regards
Prasanth

Dear Prasanth, hello

Thank you for using Jobly Template !
Concerning your issue, could you please describe the problem you have faced a bit detailed?

However not the Users for the customers to log in themselves and place a request.

It is not completely clear what the actual problem has occurred.

Please indicate:

• What the main issue you have faced (which part of the templates’ logic is not working);
  • On what page you have faced this issue;
  • What the exact result you wanted to achieve;
  • If it is possible, provide the screenshots of the pages and workflows where the problem was located with their properties windows.

We are glad to assist you with any questions.

Best wishes,

Dear Kate,

Thanks for the reply. We registered customers with email addresses, using our manager login.

We can see this information in the App data too. How does the registered customer can login into application?

In my earlier query, I have sent the screenshot showing that customer registration is adding entries into customer and location tables only in the backend. However Technically, all login information is required to have an entry in the Users table.

May you otherwise provide the process of Customer onboarding so that customer can login and place the requests in the application?

Regards
Prasanth

Dear Prasanth,

In the current logic of the Jobly Template, Customers can log in into the application and place requests after the following actions would proceed:

• Manager/Company Owner creates a customer profile in the Customers tab;
  • Manager/Company Owner can choose any customer in the Customers→People section, then click the Actions button and tap on the Send Login Email option in Customer Hub (example);
  • By this, the Manager/Company Owner sends the login link on the chosen customer email address (example);
  • The Customer has to check his inbox, tap on login link sent by application (example);
  • Finally, the Customer can place requests, check his profile, incoming requests/quotes/jobs/invoices and so on (example).

Please note that in Jobly Template Customers’ profiles can be created/edited only by the Manager/Company owner.

To sum up:

How does the registered customer can login into application?

Customers can log in to the application by receiving the login link from the Manager/Company Owner, as it is described above.

May you otherwise provide the process of Customer onboarding so that customer can login and place the requests in the application?

Due to the fact that this functionality is not provided in current Jobly Template, you can create it in your app by yourself.

I hope I was helpful in your request.

Best wishes,

Thanks Kate for the reply.

1. When we create a New customer, ID is not creating for the same due to which the created customer is not accessible to edit for sending the login email option. You may check the issue in the current version of the template which we have refreshed just couple of days ago for testing.

Say, we assign ID in the backend manually and open the customer; we could send the link to login via email.

1. Customer then login using the email link. Do this mean that Customers can only login using the link provided and there is no basic authentication like password to create/change after login?

2. We have subscribed to Native app conversion and got the mobile app for Jobly on iOS and Android. We see the email link sent is not opening the mobile app but the browser to login. How does the customers can use their mobile app to login in such case?

Please comment.

Regards
Prasanth

Prasanth,

1. When we create a New customer, ID is not creating for the same due to …

In the current version of the Jobly Template, created customers are accessible for editing via Managers’/Company owners’ profile only. Though, we have no access to your application to check how it works on your side. If you would like to share your template for testing this issue - we will be more available to assist.

1. Customer then login using the email link. Do this mean that Customers can …

Yes, that’s right. As it is said in the Jobly Template description, “the Customer center is presented with password-less login system”. This means the Customer may login the app only through the login link, sent by the Manager/Company owner, without the ability to change his log/pass.

1. We have subscribed to Native app conversion and got the mobile app for Jobly…

Please specify if you are using a Zeroqode Native app converter.

Best wishes,

Hi Kate,

Understand about the limitations of the Template for customer login.

We actually wanted to buy the converter, but then Zeroqode has discontinued and made the conversion as the service for a fixed price at the same link you replied earlier. So, we submitted our web app URL link and got it converted into Mobile app by Zeroqode.

Please confirm in this scenario, how can a Customer login using the mobile app?

Regards
Prasanth

Prasanth,

Customer can log in using the mobile App by the following logic:

• Customer should have installed App on his mobile;
  • Customer should open the log in link via inbox on his mobile and choose where to open that link - via mobile browser or the App;

Please note that all settings, concerned Internal/External Linking is adjusted on users’ level.

If you would like to know the details of how the Internal/External linking works, please check here - https://gonative.io/docs#deep-linking

Thanks Kate, will try out the same.

Regards
Prasanth

1 Like

@prasanth.movva

You are right, I am setting up the template and I couldn’t open any customer as owner in the dashboard (in order to send them login link) as the logic would break due to no ID assigned to customer on creation.

I added an ID to customer manually and now I can open the customer and send them link successfully.

@kate Thanks for specifying how customer login process works as it’s not described in th e documentation.

1 Like