Services Plugins FAQs

Learny Lite -- Add courses?

I understand the Lite version doesn’t have the admin dashboard, but there is no separate info on how to use this template and actually add a course without that dashboard.

Is it possible to add and edit courses? I’m mostly just testing an MVP with this, so I didn’t want to buy a whole template until I’m actually launching for revenue.

Hi @devin,
Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, the platform owner can only add or edit courses through the Bubble Editor as there is no Admin Dashboard in the lite version.

In case you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best,
Gulce

Is there any documentation on how to do this without messing up the dynamic data on the template?

For example, do I just make multiple copies of the “course-details” page and delete text like “Current Page Course’s displayName” and “Parent group’s Lesson’s lessonTitle”?

Or is there a way to create the parent group and so on through the Data tab?

I don’t mind that it is more labor-intensive than buying the full version, but I don’t want to completely destroy the template if there is a cleaner way to do it.

Hi @devin,
Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

Unfortunately, we don’t have documentation for this. If you don’t need an Admin Dashboard, you can easily add/edit courses via the Data Tab:

In case you would like to create an Admin Panel by yourself, a common approach is to:

• have a separate page for your Admin functions
  • put a role or flag on some users to identify they are admin types (eg isAdmin? yes/no or role is admin)
  • Put privacy rules on your data (only viewable if the user is admin)
  • Put workflow on your pages - “if user role is not admin” got to Login page

I’m afraid I can not give you more detailed examples or guides because customization services are beyond the Support team’s duties.

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know.

Best regards,