Services Plugins FAQs

Live stripe paying out in test mode

Hi

I am using the uplance template
I am testing my stripe payments in the live environment and with actual card. It seems to be charging the card sucessfully in live mode but then transfers out in test mode. I have in one workflow to charge the customer and then transfer to a seller on the platform but it flips from live transaction to a transfer in test mode. I can see the payouts when I go on stripe test mode.

Can someone help!

Hello, @goalgetters69
Thanks for reaching out.

The most probable reason for this issue is the incorrect Redirect, indicated in your workflow.
However, in order to understand your issue better, please provide us the screenshots of your current settings for the payment actions.
Also, that would be great if you will provide us a detailed description of each step for reproducing this issue on our side.

Best regards,

Hi

Thank you for the help- I have attached the screen shots showing first the workflow charging the customer and this occurring in live stripe enviornment but then when transferring this is going to the test environment. Very strange. The end person that is being transferred to ultimately does not get paid.

![create transfer|690x265](upload://ecvPvAX9cRDYgu0LRGf1SXckBRo.jpeg)

Matt

When using real cards- Step 8 seems to work and charges the card

However when Step 9 occurs to then transfer to the relevant freelancer

The transfer does not show in the live environment for stripe but strangely is showing in the when I turn the test data on

Hello, @goalgetters69
Thanks for the details.

First of all, can you please check the keys in Stripe custom APIwithin your workflow? It should be indicated correctly.
Additionally, we will continue the investigation of the provided screenshots.

Looking to hear from you soon.
Best regards,

Thanks - how do I check the checks on the stripe custom api. I can check this for the plugin as a whole but its doesn’t show it on this step of the workflow?

Hi

So I changed all test key to live keys for stripe and deployed. I then created a brand new seller account with a brand new stripe account. It shows account has connected to stripe in the live environment. However when I then went to do the live payment again it transferred to the seller in test mode. It is very stange that this is happening. Perhaps its something to do with my workflow, is it specified correctly?

Matt

Hello, @goalgetters69

In order to check the correctness of your keys, can you please share with me the Stripe CUSTOM API keys? You can find them following these steps:

• Enter the Plugin’s pannel;
  • Choose the “API Connector”;
  • In the API Name, press “expand”;

Here you can find your keys and analyze if they are for test or live versions. You can send the screenshot of the keys in DM or by email (ecaterina.cheptini@zeroqode.com).

Best regards,

Hello, @goalgetters69
Thanks for the provided screenshots.

As we can see from the error screenshot, after changing the keys to the live ones, you were charged, and on your account an insufficient balance.

Please allow me to recommend you to use the live keys carefully and only after checking all your workflow.

Additionally, I’d like to advise you to turn off automatic payouts in your Stripe Account.
Stripe offers a number of different payout schedule options. You can choose to automatically have funds paid out daily, weekly, or monthly. You can also set a custom payout schedule by setting your payout schedule to Manual and building a custom schedule in your Stripe integration backend.

If you turn off automatic payouts in the Dashboard, you must manually send funds to your bank account. You can do this either in the Payouts section of the Dashboard or by creating payouts using the API.

When you make a charge on your Stripe account, those funds go to your account’s pending balance. They then become available sometime later depending on your account’s payout schedule. If you’re using the default settings of daily automatic payouts, when they become available, they are immediately included in a payout to your bank account. If you want to instead accumulate an available balance over time, you need to set your account to manual payouts.

Hope it will help you.
Best regards,

Thanks for this

I have tried to top up the actual balance in stripe to allow for these payouts but it wont let me. I am based in the UK operating in GBP. It seems like I can only top up balance if I am based in the US?

How else would I have available balance to pay-out if I cannot add funds?

Hello, @goalgetters69
Thanks for this question.

Usually, there are no issues to add funds to the Stripe account even if you are in the UK. So, in order to investigate the appeared issue, please provide us a screenshot of each of your steps for reproducing it.
Also, please analyze this documentation for the Stripe payment system: Adding funds to your Stripe balance

Best regards,

Hi

The link that you attached highlights that this can only be done for refunds and disputes not for connect payouts. Therefore I have no funds to payout sellers with?

Hello, @goalgetters69

Please allow me to provide some highlights regarding the provided link. Where you can find the reference to documentation about Payouts: https://stripe.com/docs/payouts

You can view a list of all of your payouts and the date that they are expected to be received in your bank account in the Dashboard: Stripe: Sign in

Here you should choose the “Manual payout”.

Please try it and let me know if everything is working properly.
Best regards,