Services Plugins FAQs

MapBox Bug Add Marker issue

Hi, I am having an issue with the Add Marker Mapbox Element. It’s for tracking and it seems to keep all markers instead of just creating a new one. I think it may be a caching issue because on another PC, the markers don’t display at all but the location does change when we update coordinates.

Hi @cathy, thanks for reaching out.
For a better understanding of your case, please share (here or in DM) a screencast (I suggest using the Loom tool) with the described setup and use case.
It will allow us to identify any issue much faster.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Thanks @Serg
Here are two vidoes, the first shows the workflow in bubble, the second shows the markers on the map.
I have set this up similar to the google maps api which only shows the current marker of the location and doesn’t keep the old markers showing.
The use case is that I want our customers to be able to track a driver on the way to their house or business, similar to how a customer can track an uber driver for example (although in my example, we are just walking in a building).
It only tracks when there is a current work order in place for both the driver and the customer and it works by updating the drivers longitude and latitude every 5 seconds. Does this make sense?

@Serg also, the first workflow shown relates the driver and the second relates to the customer

Hi @cathy, thanks for sharing these videos.

Indeed, the action “Add marker” only adds a marker on the map. To have a case where only one marker on the map reflects the current location, you need also an action that removes the markers from the map (Remove marker action). This way, you can implement a case where a marker appears on the map, disappear, and appear in the next moving position.

Also, please note that the precision of the marker positioning depends on the density of the mobile network towers (more towers - more precise position), as the location is set through the triangulation principle.

Please let me know if there are any other questions that I can help with about our plugin.

Regards,

Thanks @Serg that seems to work sometimes but not all the time. I think the remove all markers action does seem to work better but I’m yet to test it properly. Is there any way you help me figure out how to track someone else with the Start Location tracking Mapbox MapA element? This seems to work a lot better to track the driver than the add marker every 5 seconds to a Geo location. I just can’t figure out how to get someone else with the right permission able to see another user. Thanks, I look forward to your reply

Hi @cathy, thanks for your reply.

Please check this message, described case might fit your case too: 🗺 Mapbox Maps - Total revamp of one of the most popular Bubble plugins from Zeroqode - #9 by Serg

If there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let me know.

Regards,

@Serg the remove markers are not removing as expected, please see the video of this.
The workflow is just do every 5 seconds add a marker to a longitude and latitude then remove all markers.
Can you help with this please? Thanks

Hi @cathy, thanks for your message.
Let us check internally what could be the issue. Once any feedback will appear, I will let you know asap.

Thank you for understanding :pray:

Regards,

Hi @cathy, for a better understanding of your case, please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application.
This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.

Regards,