Services Plugins FAQs

Mapbox error: "Add List of Markers a MapBox Map threw the following error: TypeError: .addSingleMarker is not a function"

Hi,

I’m looking to display a list of coordinates on a map using an API call as the data source.

We were testing out whether the plug in would be able to meet our requirements and was able to set it up to show a list of positions.

We deployed it live and again it worked. We then wanted additional functionality and continued to work on the app with different workflows. After the continued work, the original “Add List of Markers” function stopped working.

The following error is shown when the workflow runs:
The plugin Mapbox Maps / action Add List of Markers a MapBox Map threw the following error: TypeError: e[_0x5edd77(…)].addSingleMarker is not a function at eval (PLUGIN_1521096392586x373091021041696800/Mapbox-Maps-element_action–MapBox-Map-Add-List-of-Markers-.js:3:3949) at Array.forEach () (please report this to the plugin author)

Please see below a Loom link:

Please see below a screenshot of the Workflow in Bubble:

Hello @francoisl ,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We’ve reviewed the issue you’ve described, and it does indeed appear unusual, we were unable to replicate it on our side.

To further troubleshoot, could you please try switching the plugin version to “1.109” to see if the issue persists? You can also try with older versions as well.

Additionally, would you be able to provide a video in step-by-step mode with the browser’s console visible? Starting from when you open the app to the moment you encounter the error while adding a list of markers, this will help us understand how the error appears.

You mentioned working on different workflows before encountering this issue. Could you recall any specific changes made to your app or any new plugins installed that might have triggered it?

Thank you once again, and we eagerly await your response.

Best regards,
Stefan

Hello @francoisl,

I hope this message finds you well.

I’m writing to follow up on our previous correspondence regarding the issue you encountered with the “Add List of Markers” action in the Mapbox plugin on your app.

As suggested, were you able to test the plugin by switching its version to “1.109” or by trying out older versions? Additionally, we’re keen to see the step-by-step video showcasing the problem with the browser’s console visible, as this could greatly assist us in pinpointing the cause of the error.

Understanding any recent changes or newly installed plugins that occurred prior to the issue might also provide us with valuable insights.

Your feedback is crucial for us to proceed with further troubleshooting and to ensure a swift resolution. Please let us know at your earliest convenience.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,
Stefan

Hi @Stephan

Apologies for the delayed response.

Please see my reply here:
As suggested, were you able to test the plugin by switching its version to “1.109” or by trying out older versions? - Yes I tried a number of versions
Additionally, we’re keen to see the step-by-step video showcasing the problem with the browser’s console visible, as this could greatly assist us in pinpointing the cause of the error. - Link below

Understanding any recent changes or newly installed plugins that occurred prior to the issue might also provide us with valuable insights. - The only other work that I did (have now removed it) was to trigger a workflow when someone clicks in a pin on the map. It would open a popup to give more info about the pin (Event in our case)

Loom video requested: Library | Loom - 3 April 2024 | Loom

1 Like

Hello @francoisl,

Thank you for reaching out and for the additional details provided.

I reviewed the video you shared, and it appears there’s an error occurring in the corner. However, the video seems to have been reframed, making the specific error you mentioned—and the console—not visible. One detail I noticed is the map element, which resembles the default map element from Bubble. Could you provide further information on how the Mapbox element is set up?

To help diagnose the issue, could you attempt testing the workflow with a smaller dataset, perhaps using only 1-2 markers when adding a list of markers? This could help us determine if the issue persists under these conditions.

Additionally, could you record another video showing the process step-by-step, ensuring the browser’s console is visible? This would allow us to pinpoint when the error occurs. Please also use the inspect tool to verify that the values are not empty.

This information will greatly assist us in investigating your query further and in offering a more precise solution.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

Looking forward to your response. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hi @Stephan I found the issue. The map had a condition that would hide the map if there was no data. But this condition would load on the page, so it would load before the workflow would add markers to the map, which meant the map was hidden by the time Bubble pushed the markers to the event causing the error. I’m now hiding/ showing the events in the workflow. It’s working.

Thanks for all the effort, we really appreciate how quickly you responded to the query.

1 Like

Hello @francoisl,

Thank you so much for your feedback and for keeping us in the loop. :hugs:

I’m delighted to learn that you’ve identified and resolved the inquiry by tweaking the workflow for managing the visibility of the events. Ensuring your satisfaction is our utmost priority. If you face any challenges or have questions about our plugins in the future, don’t hesitate to reach out.

If our plugin has met or exceeded your expectations, we’d be grateful if you could share your thoughts by leaving a review. Your feedback is invaluable to both us and the broader user community, as we continuously seek ways to enhance our services.

To leave a review for our plugin, please navigate to the Plugins tab in your Bubble editor, locate the plugin by its name, and submit your feedback via the rating system. We also welcome you to share your experience on Trustpilot: Zeroqode on Trustpilot.

Thank you again for your valuable cooperation and insights. :pray:

Wishing you an excellent week ahead!

Best regards,
Stefan