Services Plugins FAQs

Mapbox Plugin - Add a list of markers issue

Hi, I am having an issue with a plugin which I can’t solve.

In the workflow, I am asking it to add the markers when I click a button. I am grabbing the data from an API which returns the Longitude and Latitude which I use to populate the fields as per this screenshot. It asks for a Marker Cluster ID but I don’t have any data for this, so I have typed in myMarkers.

However, I receive this error - has anyone seen this error or able to point out where I may be going wrong?

Hi, @michael.edwards!

Thanks for reaching out!

So, the error states that the plugin is receiving the data which can’t be recognized and it is not related to the Marker Cluster ID. Please make sure that you’re receiving the data through the API which contains list of lat and lng. You can see what API returns through the text element in order to understand what data is there (see screenshot as a reference)

Best, Julia.

Hi, I have checked the data that is being returned and here is a screenshot. What does the Marker Cluster ID need to be, where does that come from?

Hi, @michael.edwards!

Thanks for the screenshot!

I’ve recreated the API call and received the error as well. After investigation, it turns out that the plugin works well retrieving the data from the bubble database, meaning when you indicate in the “Marker Source” filed - Do a search for…

However, we have taken into consideration adding the ability to retrieve data through the API call. As soon as I have the relevant info, I’ll get back to you asap.

Best, Julia.

Hi, @michael.edwards!

I am reaching out to notify you that we have upgraded the plugin and added the possibility at action “add markers” with data source from API. Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again.

Best, Julia.

Thanks Julia, i will give it a go and let you know if I have any issues

1 Like

Hi, @michael.edwards!

Yes, sure, looking forward to hearing from you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Best, Julia.