Services Plugins FAQs

Mapbox plugin error

Hi! I implemented the Mapbox plugin successfully on my application. It worked very well until 2 days ago when it simply stopped working. Mapbox element no longer loads the map.

For example, I add the Mapbox Element to blank page.

When I run preview on bubble, this is all I see.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. I also checked my mapbox account. I am not over the free API call limit and have not changed any settings from when it worked a few days ago.

When I inspect the element, the map still recognizes my current coordinates but is not displaying the map

Hi @delin9, thanks for reaching out.

We’ve checked the plugin functionality on our end, and it works well.

I’m afraid, we can not reproduce or investigate this issue without more info. Can you please describe this case in more detail?

Please attach all the necessary info like:

• error screenshots from the debugger and opened browser console;
  • the preconditions (related element settings and workflow), for reproducing this issue;
  • Loom video record of reproducing your issue + how and when you receive an error, etc.

This information will help us to investigate and resolve your case.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

I had the exact same issue on two different apps where the preview would show with only the controls and a beige background, no map. In private browser sessions it worked as expected. Turned out to be a browser cache issue. Tested on Vivaldi and Edge browsers (both Chromium-based). Deleting the cache resolved the issue (could not pinpoint the actual item that was causing the problem).

2 Likes

Hi,
I have multiple issues:

1. When I add “Start location tracking” action, it doesn’t let users to move the map-screen elsewhere (the map flight back)
  2. Although the "Set Direction"s action’s Origin address is Current position (I tried with lng,lat and address format as well), for some reason it detects an US address (you can see from the blue dot that the current position is known correctly)

Please check my screen video: ZQ Mapbox plugin issues - YouTube

To avoid cache-related issues, I tried in Private mode with same results.

I agree with @drahotab – when Start Location tracking is activated, the map always flies back to the user’s location. This prevents the user from viewing their current location while panning/zooming on the map.

Could @Serg please update the plugin with actions “Start Show User Location” and “Stop Show User Location” to show the blue circle but without the tracking?

Also ideally the plugin would reveal yes/no states for both “Location tracking active?” and the new “User Location Shown?” so that we could build toggle switches for these actions.

Otherwise this is a very good plugin! Thank you

2 Likes

Hi @drahotab, thanks for your message and provided details.

I will pass this issue to the developer team for investigation. Once any news will become available, I will let you know asap :pray:

As coordinates, please use a list from the application database or geographical address as it is returned by Bubble. Here is a supporting link from Mapbox docs: https://github.com/mapbox/mapbox-gl-directions/blob/master/API.md#setorigin
We will also change the field documentation to be more detailed.

Hi @gar34, thanks for your proposals.

We will check how feasible would be to add such features in the following plugin updates, thanks for suggesting it.

Regards,

Why does our map produce these errors?

1. Upon page load, we have the action “add markers”. However, when its source is empty, it makes the progress of opening a popup (by a button’s simple set state and open popup workflow) incredibly long (the progress bar at page top goes very slow and then it seems freezing before reaching its end). I tried with “Ignore empty constrains” on and off: same results.

2. “The plugin “Mapbox” Maps / action Add List of Markers a MapBox Map threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘listProperties’) at eval (PLUGIN_1521096392586x373091021041696800/-Mapbox–Maps-element_action–MapBox-Map-Add-List-of-Markers-.js:31:100) at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/12788ec00c7724b6b4471ef2f3626bc2093f8df9d7d0182139ec57eadfcaa2b5/xfalse/x15:6:2161827 (please report this to the plugin author)”

Hi @drahotab,

We have pushed a plugin update, that has fixed the issue related to the map fly back on Start Location tracking.

To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.41.0: Fixed camera binding to the current location. Updated description in “Set Directions” action.) and give it a try.

Please share (here or through DM) a screencast\screenshots with the related workflows setup and use case that is throwing the error. This will allow us to identify any possible issue much faster.

Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Serg ,
The error you asked about the screencast seems solved (wasn’t us), but the other error I mentioned appeared more often, so I made a screencast about that. Please assist.

Hi @drahotab, thanks for letting us know that one of the reported issues is solved.

In regard to the error mentioned within the last screencast, here is a short explanation that might help you to fix it:

• In the marker type field - we indicate our marker data type from the database. Below that, come fields that are related to this particular data type, so we indicate what is responsible for what. In the marker source field we transmit all data together.
    Here is a setup example:

In your case, data are transmitted partially (marker source - only address fields). To solve the error, please in marker source do a search for an address.

Hope the provided guidance helps. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with about our plugin.
Regards,

Hi, how should I set that up? This way it’s worse than before:

Thanks @Serg for pushing the update for panning and zooming while Tracking is on – major improvement!

But now I realize that for the Start Location Tracking action, the specified Zoom level does not seem to work – it seems that when Start Location Tracking is activated, the plugin automatically zooms to zoom level 15 (or thereabouts).

Could you please investigate?

Thank you Zeroqode

Hi @drahotab, sorry for the delayed reply (due to the weekend).

Please be sure to indicate required fields like Longitude and Latitude to make the action work properly.

With a default “Search for Adresss” in Markers Source, this should work.

Also, please pay attention to the filtering option that you’ve indicated for the Markers Source field, as it might require a rework.

Hi @gar34,

This is noted, thank you for reporting that, we will apply a bugfix for that in the upcoming plugin update.

Have a good day!
Regards,

Previously when I’ve chosen the Geo Address field, lat-long wasn’t required.

How?

Hi @drahotab,

Sorry for a bit confusing description from my side. You are right, for a right setup, within the plugin element it is required to indicate the Latitude and Longiture, or to indicate the Geographic Adress (which also contains the lat and long).

You need to indicate the right filtering for your Search for Addresss. To make your constraints work well you need to indicate them as « of» the geographic address.

Hope it helps.
Regards,

Hi @Serg

The Mapbox plugin was recently updated, but the Start Location Tracking zoom level bug remains. When will that be fixed?

When Start Tracking is first engaged, it (sometimes) zooms to the specified level. But if the user then pans/zooms and stops the tracking, when Start Tracking is tapped again, it always incorrectly zooms to level ~15.

Also, when the Stop Tracking is then engaged, it correctly stops tracking – but then if the user again taps Start Tracking, nothing happens.

Relatedly, please view attached video of Mapbox plugin on iphone (same effect on android).

At 0:04 seconds, Location Tracking is engaged – note the “flickering” of labels when the user moves. After the Location Tracking is disengaged at 0:25 seconds, the flickering stops.

Could you please fix the flickering of labels?

Thank you very much for this great plugin and your support

Hi @gar34, thanks for your message.

I’ve passed this moment for the developer team’s consideration and investigation. Once any results will become available, I will let you know.

The flickering effect appears due to the fact that the whole map is refreshed, in order to indicate the new location of the tracked device.
Please share a screencast with the related workflows set up, it will allow us to identify possible issues much faster.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Hi @Serg

Attached are screenshots of the workflows and plugin settings. As you can see, all the default values are unchanged, and the Mapbox layer is the basic Streets layer. I’m using plugin version 1.45.0 (current version).

I believe only the 1st and 4th workflow screenshots are relevant to the flickering issue, but I included all screenshots FYI.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Hi @gar34, thanks for the provided screenshots, I’ve passed them to the developer team for consideration.

They will check what could be done to improve the plugin work in this regard.
When any news will become available, I will let you know asap :pray:

Regards,

Hi @gar34, thanks for your patience :pray:

We’ve made an update to the plugin, which added a few fixes, two of them being related to your cases also (label flickering and zooming on start/stop tracking).

Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version (1.46.0 - reduced flickering on location tracking and added detailed information to zoom level in “start location tracking”), refresh the application, and give it a try.

Please let me know if it works properly now or any other support is required :wink:

Regards,