Services Plugins FAQs

MapBox Render Blocking

Hi there,

I have MapBox in my app (Trainpack Mobile App) and it works ok on web browser and on iOS native app. However, my Android native app is painfully slow. I know that Android doesn’t allocate a lot of memory to its apps so any issues are exacerbated.

Looking at the diagnosis, I can see that MapBox is running a bunch of scripts that are blocking the app from rendering on initial load. The steer I got from the guys that wrapped the app is that if they were async this wouldn’t be an issue (I have to admit I have no idea what that means, well out of my comfort zone here ;-))

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Steve.

Hi @stevoster, thanks for your message.

Let me ask the developer team for feedback in this regard. Once it will be available, I will let you know asap.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Hi @stevoster, thanks for your patience.

Our developers checked the described case and shared the following feedback:

• Mapbox files are loading just once on page load and the file loading is not too long by time ~ 1 or 2 seconds.

The reported issue with the load time might be related to the used wrapper service or device used for the test, which we can’t influence.

Please let me know if there are any other plugin-related questions that I can help with.

Regards,