Services Plugins FAQs

Mass Uploading Product Lists to Instacart

So, to me, the key feature of Instacart should be the ability to import large amounts of product catalogues into the back end.

For example, I partner with Supermarket X who already have a digitised catalogue of 2000 products in CSV file, with all relevant fields. I should be able to upload it using the Data > Upload CSV way.

However, due to the RandomID that is created using the “Dashboard” method, it is impossible to upload Multiple Stores/Products from the back end… Uploading products one by one is absolutely unacceptable when we are talking about catalogues of 2000+ products…

How can I get around this?

Hello, @victor1. Thanks for reaching out.

The possible workaround for the department_store/store IDs is the following - you need to create manually the list of stores/department_stores in your app in order to obtain their IDs. Then - populate the IDs into the CSV file, and upload the file.

A bit more detailed flow:

1. From the front-end part:
  • go to Admin panel, create a new store (screen1, screen2);
  • you can find the ID of your store in the All Stores table now (screen);
  • add some department stores in order to obtain it’s ID (screen1, screen2, screen3);
    (you can change the list of departments in your DepartmentType data table)
  • add one test article to the All Articles table (screen1, screen2).
  1. The back-end part:
  • edit the CSV file you want to upload with the department_store/store columns;
  • add the department_store/store IDs in the CSV file (screen).

Some useful notes:
https://manual.bubble.io/working-with-data/the-data-tab#uploading-csv-data

I hope this information will be useful for you :pray:
Regards,

Hello,

Would the same logic apply in Marketo? I’m considering buying the template but I need to be able to upload multiple different vendors and their entire product sets in order to get started.

Thanks! Ami