Services Plugins FAQs

Migrating Users from different app to new template app

Hi All,

I have created a Bubble app in which I already have users. Now I purchased the Uplance template and I would like to migrate them to the new app. What is the best way of doing this?

I downloaded the user data and uploaded but have run into the current problems:

1. Doesn’t work with passwords: Would all users have to reset password?
  2. Doesn’t work with pictures
  3. Users are shown in the app data but not in the front-end: how do I fix this?

Is there an alternative to the steps above or is this just how it needs to be done? Are there any alternatives?

Many thanks!

Hi @laila,
Thanks for reaching out!

Please allow us to suggest you use Bubble’s App Connector for this. Bubble App Connector - Bubble Docs

The App Connector connects two Bubble apps and accesses the API and data of one app in another.

I hope these links will be helpful for you on this:

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi Gulce,

Thanks for the overview. We have already set this up but I believe that this is only if we want to keep using both apps correct? We actually want to migrate and close the other app.

Hi @laila,
Apologies for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

In this case, Bubble security settings may prevent this specific data (user credentials, especially user password) to be exported.

I can suggest you write on the Bubble forum where the local community can help you with any Bubble-related questions. Please describe your use case, I bet there is already somebody who was trying to build something similar and would like to share how they did solve that problem or at least will point you in the right direction.

If I can try to help you with anything else, please let me know.

Best regards,
Gulce