Services Plugins FAQs

Modern Rich text Editor - some Ipad users cannot clic in the input

Hello, is someone ever experienced this issue :

An Ipad user cannot clic in the input (Modern Rich Text Editor)

On my Ipad it is ok, with his account
On his ipad with his account when he clicks nothing happen, the input is not focused

To zeroqode team I’ve sent you a private message about this to share detail and loom :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @sarahesteve ,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

From your message, I understand that you have difficulties with the Modern RTE element specifically on some iPad devices, as you mentioned that on your device it is working fine.

To better understand what could have gone wrong in your case, would it be convenient for you to share more details—specifically screenshots or a screencast showing how you set up the element, the related workflow, and any conditionals for the Modern RTE element, specifically related to “Enable read only,” as the behavior you mentioned seems to be related to that option.

You also mentioned that you’ve sent a private message to us, could you please let us know where you sent it, as we didn’t manage to find it? For instance, you can send the video and details here on the forum in DM or to our support email at support@zeroqode.com.

Thanks again, and I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stefan

1 Like

Hello @Stephan I mentionned you in the mp I sent there in the forum so maybe you can find the message in your notifications, and I also sent an email today with same content. thank you

1 Like

Hello @sarahesteve,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, we have received your email and have looked into it. Firstly, could you please confirm which exact plugin you are using? The element settings and layout don’t resemble those of the Modern Rich Text Editor plugin. Could you please share the link to the exact plugin you’re using?

Could you also let us know the exact iOS version and device model of the iPad that is not working, as well as the iOS version and device where it is working fine? You mentioned that Google Chrome is the browser used on the first device, does switching to Safari or another browser make it work?

Have you tried testing it on other devices as well? Do other devices reproduce the same behavior?

Additionally, can you please check the browser console for any messages and the editor logs for any messages as well?

Thank you, and I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stefan