Services Plugins FAQs

Mouse & Element + Mouse Positions

Hello,
So I’ve tried a few different fixes but came to an issue when making an app using this plugin. I have a group with a lot of different objects on two different pages. I am saving the X,Y cords in order to use those cords on another page but on both pages the 0,0 is in a different spot. When using this plugin before usually the 0,0 for the x,y cords was either the elements original location or the top left of the group or page. Oddly enough neither of these seem to be the case for my project I’m working on it seems to be in two random locations that isn’t tied to any specific object or anything. Any tips on trying to figure this out?

Thank you in advance.

Hey, @peterpadilla!

Thank you for your query.

Can you, please, provide more details, preferably with the screenshot, how are you using this plugin, cause it has different states and it is not quite clear, which one are you using.

There is also a point to mention about ID - the plugin requires to work with the exposed ID attribute of the input elements. This update was released at the beginning of June.

Also let me know, if the sizes of these pages are equal, cause if they are not, the same x,y cords will be positioned differently.

If you have an opportunity to record a short video, representing the issue, it will be very helpful, and this way I can have a full image of your actions and results.

Best regards,
Elena.

Sorry for the delay,

I’ve double check the page sizes and ID below is the UI for one of the projects I am working on the top right boxed item is where the 0,0 are located. That object is a text field tied to the EndUserControl on the top left of the document uploader.

I also have three sets of input fields that 1 of them is the EndUserControls Element 1 X and Y Position, EndUserControls Last Queried X & Y position, and another with a customer state I set up which takes the Mouse position X & Y when you click that text box. In that order (ui is a little messy atm but trying to get it functional first)
Where the field called Customer Sig Field 1 is the starting location for the text element that is boxed and the cords in bubble are 723, 173
In order to fix this (which seems to sort of work) I have added an offset of (-540,-63) which seems to manually fix it.

Also furthermore a new error has occurred with querying an element I’ve tried it within a group, different types of groups and just the element by itself. other then the boxed Customer’s Name element I recieve this error:
error
I’ve also even made a unique EndUserControl just for that element just to rule out any issues with conflicting queries.

I hope this is helpful and thanks again for the help,
Peter.

Hello, Peter!

Thank you so much for the provided details. However, without the workflows, it’s not easy to identify what may cause the issue and the error.

Would it be convenient for you to add our support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator of your app?

Enter your Bubble editor page → Settings → "Collaboration” tab → Invite a user (email).
(Note: you can add our support account to the collaborators’ list even if your app is on a Free plan.)

Our developers will check your setup and do a few tests in an attempt to find the root cause and help you fix it.

In case it is ok for you, please let me know.

Best regards,
Elena.