Services Plugins FAQs

Multiselect Dropdown Realtime Datasource Update (As User Types)

Zeroqode Hero Team,

I am wondering if you have a plugin that would change a Multidropdown list’s data source as the user types into the Multidropdown field. (I have included the post I made on the Bubble forum below, I didn’t get any help there.) I’ve looked through your plugins but thought I might be missing something. Any help is super appreciated! Side note, I am also looking for a camera plugin that provides “liveness detection”… interested in how this could be handled in Bubble!

My post follows:

I am adding a feature to my app that allows a user to select multiple cities. To do so, I would like to refresh the data source on a Multiselect Dropdown as the user types (to show cities using the Google Maps API). My understanding is that this object type doesn’t recognize a value change until something from the list is selected.

I implemented an alternative solution using a RepeatingGroup as recommended in the post below, but using this method I have had to use another object to store the values, and I have found no simple way to exclude items that have already been chosen from the list.

Has anyone else found an elegant, UX-friendly solution to this? Thanks in advance for any advice!

RepeatingGroup and Input text field workaround:

Multiselect Dropdown plugin link:

Current Multidropdown configuration:

Using a secondary input field does successfully update the Multidropdown’s list, but again I am hoping to find some way to get the Multidropdown to update itself:

Hi @obtrectation
Thanks for your patience.

We’ve checked it with our team and unfortunately, we don’t have a plugin that suits your needs.

But, you might want to explore these two plugins that we used in our projects: 1T - Input Watcher and Keystroke Input Trigger. They can be valuable tools for you. The distinction between the two lies in their events and actions. For instance, Input Watcher reacts to any changes and initiates a workflow, while an Input Trigger can provide data on whether something is being typed into the input field, all with a predefined delay.

Please let us know if this helps!

Best regards,
Adarina

1 Like