Services Plugins FAQs

Need Help Customizing the Headstart Template

Hello, I am relatively new bubble, however, when I got the hang of it I bought the headstart template. Currently, I am having an incredibly hard time customizing the menu text. The parent grouping is confusing,

The first issue is that I have no idea how to access or customize the name of the menu options. I want to change the name of the pages, but, I just don’t know where to start. I’ve opened all of the elements, and still cant find it for the life of me.

Second issue is the the profile page. I am actually going to customize this page as my dashboard because of the drop down ability. However, when I try to preview it live, keeps asking me to log in and I can’t find the workflow that cancels this action. Can anyone help a sista out?

@everlaunch.io Hello.

If you want to change the name of page, open the page: Name , in the elements menu, from dropdown pick the 1st element which is the page itself and in the Page Title field change the name of the page:

Regarding the profile page as dashboard, and previewing in without logging in the app, find the workflow “When user is logged out” and delete the event so you could access the profile page w/o login.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dumitru.

1 Like

Hello Dumitru, Thank you for responding.

I think I misspoke. What I am trying to do is change the names of the menu items and I cannot navigate all of the parent groups. Where can I begin to edit the name of of the menu items?

Hello, @everlaunch.io

Sorry for delay in response. Now I see what you’ve meant, these names are pulled from database. For that you’ll need to go to Data and edit the Name fields for this Menu. Click on pencil to access the editor, please save after completion. :slight_smile:

Please check this out.

Regards,
Dumitru.

Hello,

I was trying same template and i am stuck. I added new entry but i am not able to navigate to new UI state even after adding the menu in Database. How database menu entry and navigation to new menu is correlated?

Hello, thak you for reaching out1

In the explanations of my colleague was showed how to edit the namings of the menu. It was needed to do through the database because the namings are dynamic data. To have the menu available in your app firstly you should add the elements to the page and after that connect them with the corresponding fields from the DB. On the screen with red are selected the elements of the menu. On the right side, you can find the link to the database from where the data is called “Parent group’s menu’s name” similar links have each element of the menu.

Here you can find more details regarding the dynamic links in Bubble.

I hope it will help you.

Best Regards,
Alex