Services Plugins FAQs

Need help with creating a category where users can create a category

Hello no coders
please I need help with creating a category where users can create a category if one does not exist.

Hello @jerryweb669

Thank you for reaching out.

It depends on where would you like your users to add categories to. For example: if a user is adding a product to a database and wants to select a category for that product and there is no available category, the user can click on “Add category” button, and the user will add a new category. The workflows to the button should be as follows: Create a new thing > Category > Reset relevant inputs. Please also add an input element where you would write the name of the category

Also, you can set a state to when the input category’s value is changed.

Please make sure that you add a conditional to “only when” field a search for a category that does not contain the value of Input’s element so that the same category is not added twice. You can also add a dropdown so when the categories are created, they are added to the dropdown automatically.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Thank you krill
please how do I program it on the database?

These are some of the possible database settings you can have, but again it entirely depends on your use case.

Please note that we mainly focus on providing support for our plugins and templates, and customizing customers’ apps are beyond our responsibilities. However, if you are new to Bubble or just want to brush up on your Bubble skills I would recommend you to check out these educational resources:

In case you have Bubble related questions, you can always search it on the Bubble’s forum, and if you have any issues with our plugins or templates feel free to reach out at support@zeroqode.com or post the issue on the forum, and we will be able to assist you :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.