Templates Plugins Courses

No available FullCalendar view plugins

About 10% of the time when I make an edit on a page with the Air Calendar on it, I get an error similar to this and I get a blank calendar.

Plus - around 10% of the time a few users can’t see the calendar on Chrome. I “fix” it by making some inconsequential change to the bubble workflow or I revert the plugin to an earlier/later version. Then, like magic, it works. When it happens again I either reverse the inconsequential change or move the plugin version back up. Again - fixed.

Can you help me track down what’s wrong and how I can keep this from happening?

Thanks!

Hi @rick1, thanks for reaching out.
I’m afraid that provided information would not be enough to identify the possible cause of the reported issue.
In order to check what’s wrong with your setup and test it out in your workspace, would it be convenient for you to add our [email protected] as a collaborator of your app?

Enter your Bubble editor page -> Settings -> “Collaboration” tab -> Invite a user (email).
(Note: you can add our support account to the collaborators list even if your app is on a Free/Hobby plan.)

I will check your setup and do a few tests in an attempt to find the root cause and help you fix it.

In case it is ok for you, please let me know.
Regards,

Hi Serg,

Thank you for the quick response. I have invited Zeroqode support to my app – named “Venturesafemasterapp”. I’ve created a dev environment for you as well. I’m sure you can guess which one it is :blush:.

There is a calendar on page: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=test_scheduling&version=for-zeroqode&id=venturesafemasterapp&tab=tabs-1 which gives me the most heartache. You are welcome to copy the page to do any experiments in your test environment.

The other page with an AirCalendar is https://bubble.io/page?version=for-zeroqode&type=page&name=test_collection&id=venturesafemasterapp&tab=tabs-1. Sometimes if the calendar on the test scheduling page works, this one doesn’t.

Sometimes the calendar works for everyone – except for a few people using Chrome. I use Chrome and it always works (when it works for everyone else).

Depending on the time of day, the AirCalendar plugin version will be different as I try to make both calendars work at once.

Thanks!

Rick

Hi @rick1, thanks for the provided access.
We recently have updated our Air Calendar plugin with a bugfix, that fixed an issue that is likely related to your case too.
As I’ve seen in your app, you are using a previous version of the plugin. Please update your plugin to version 2.14.0 (dayGridView rendering fix) and give it a try. It should fix the issue mentioned above.

Please let me know if it got solved.

Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,

Hi Serg,

That did not solve the problem. I still see the issue. Today I pushed an update to my app and one of the 2 AirCalendars I use was throwing the error mentioned. I made an insignificant change to the page loading workflow (I reset the ListshifterKW used on that page - does nothing to the calendar) and now it works.

I read on Stack Overflow that it has to do with the order in which the plugin loads. They suggest some CSS changes to have the AirCalendar load at a certain point. Do you think that would help? I have 0 knowledge of CSS so I can’t experiment with the idea.

The good thing is the new 2.14.0 update does address issues with users not being able to see the calendar on Chrome.

Next time I see the issue - would you like me to send screenshots with error codes?

Hi @rick1, thanks for your reply.
As I can see at the moment, you are still using the previous version of the plugin (2.13.0) within your app.
I’m afraid it is not possible to get rid of the issue with a blank calendar without upgrading the plugin to the newest version.

Also, as an additional hint (for the issue with persisting error), after the plugin upgrade, please delete the plugin element from the page and place it back on the page (this point relates to the Bubble platform functionality, as it is not refreshing the plugin element properly after the update).

Please let me know if, after the corresponding changes, the issue disappeared or not.

Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,

Hi Serg,

I think I may have found a way to “fix” the issue. When the page loads the last workflow is to reset a random ListShifterKW element (I use a lot of them). That seems to have made it so the latest version calendar works on all pages.

I am interested in deleting and replacing the AirCalendar plugin to see if that also helps. Can I “cut” it and then “paste it” again so I can keep all the settings I have set for the plugin? I’m reticent to delete and drop in a new AirCalendar element because of all the settings that would need to be perfectly recreated and workflow links re-established.

Hi @rick1,
The plugin update and replacement of the plugin element on-page should solve plugin-related issues. Glad to hear that in your use case you’ve found an additional solution with a reset of a random element.

On plugin “cut”, plugin elements will remain on the page as “missing elements”, but may disappear plugin-related steps in workflows.
Before any change, as a precaution, I would recommend making a savepoint for the app and database backup.

Hope it helps. If there is anything else that I can help with, please let me know.

Regards,