Services Plugins FAQs

Not getting a link when creating a PDF

I’m using the Bubble Page to PDF converter and the link to the file created is not being created. Everything works fine except that…I’ve tried pauses and empty checks for the URL. Any ideas why i’m not seeing the url to the pdf? (it does get uploaded to aws as well).

Much thanks.

Hi @mfsmillie,
Sorry for the late reply. :pray:

To ensure the successful saving of the resulting PDF file into your database, please check the steps below:

1. Activate the “Upload file to AWS” checkbox. You can refer to this screenshot for guidance: Screenshot by Lightshot

2. Add an event for “When ConvertToPDF A converting is finished”.

3. Include the action “Create a new thing” and select the appropriate database table where you want to save the PDF URL.

4. Set the field “PDF URL” (the column name where you wish to store the file URL) as “ConvertToPDF A’s Output File URL”. Screenshot by Lightshot

Please note that the result of the plugin work is a URL to the converted file, not a file itself. That’s why you should create a data type “text” in your app data. So, please make sure the “pdf URL” is “text” in your database.

If the issue persists, could you please share a video recording showing your entire setup?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Gulce

This was extremely helpful in setting up the plugin to get the link into my database: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

1 Like

@mfsmillie Glad to hear that! Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Have a good day!