Services Plugins FAQs

Not working! - Advanced Twitter API Plugin

Hi Team,

In demo page, your plugin “Advanced Twitter API Plugin for Bubble” is not working in “getting list of followers” “Follow” “Unfollow” etc.
Is it working well even with elon musk’s Twitter?
I’m awaiting your kind checking out.

JFYI, “getting account detail” and “post new tweet” features are working well,

Hello, @nakanishi.tatsuhiko1,
I appreciate your message.

Thank you for notifying us about this issue. I will thoroughly investigate it with the development team and inform you as soon as we find a solution.

If you encounter any similar error messages within your Bubble app, please inform me.

Feel free to reach out if you need more information about our plugin; I’ll be delighted to assist you.
Best regards. :blush:

1 Like

Hello @Igor ,
Thank your for your reply!

If you encounter any similar error messages within your Bubble app, please inform me.

In my app also it is not working, especially with “Follow / Unfollow”, “get Follower’s list”, “get Friend’s list” and “Send DM” features.
I’m awaiting your support!

regards,

Hi @nakanishi.tatsuhiko1,
Thank you for your patience, I hope you’ve had a great weekend.

In order to understand better what when wrong with the plugin inside of your app can you please provide more details about your app settings?

1. Did you recently generate API keys, if not, don’t regenerate them. What version of Twitter API (1.1 or v2) you are using?
  2. Can you share a test page with debug_mode visible?
  3. What is the Twitter plan you are using? free/basic/pro?
  4. Is Twitter-app in “projects” or “Standalone”?

Note: In case you are using the old version of Twitter API keys (1.1) please use the Plugin version before 1.20. In version 1.20 “Post” and “Delete” actions are working only with API v2 keys.

Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,

Thank you for your response. Please find my comments below.
I’m awaiting your advice.

I have not regenerated API keys after Elon so that I think I am using v1.1.

• Can you share a test page with debug_mode visible?

Here please find.
https://bgwg.app/version-test/test?debug_mode=true&&

• What is the Twitter plan you are using? free/basic/pro?

Free plan.

• Is Twitter-app in “projects” or “Standalone”?

Standalone.

@Igor
Out of curiosity, is the Plugin fully working well on your side?

Hi @nakanishi.tatsuhiko1,
I appreciate your reply and patience. :pray:

Our development team is actively working on resolving the issues with the plugin demo page. They are also redesigning it to showcase the actions that are available with both Twitter API v2 and v1.1.

At the moment, we have access to a limited number of endpoints from Twitter API v2, as well as a few endpoints from v1.1 (such as media posts and OAuth). If you require access to these endpoints, it’s possible that you might need a different access level. You can find more information about this at https://developer.twitter.com/en/portal/products.

Once we complete the testing and update of the plugin, I will inform you promptly. I sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,

Hello @nakanishi.tatsuhiko1,

I hope you are doing well, and I apologize for the delayed response.

Our team has been conducting research on the recent Twitter changes and the new version of API V2.

If you are currently using API keys V1, we suggest attempting to transition your App from Standalone to Project without altering the keys. After the transition, please test to ensure that all actions are functioning as expected.

However, if you encounter issues, you will need to update your API keys to version 2 and integrate them into the plugin element. It’s important to note that under the Free Twitter plan, only two API calls (Post Tweet and Delete Tweet) are available for free. The remaining API calls require a paid plan, following Twitter’s change policy. :frowning:

Our team is actively working on updating the plugin information, demo page, and documentation to reflect these changes.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We are here to assist you to the best of our abilities.

Take care, :pray: