Services Plugins FAQs

Notion Rich Text Editor Alt tag for Images

Hello,

I’m using the Notion Rich Text editor for blog posts.

I’ve inserted an image in the post.

How can I set the alt tag of the image? It’s important for SEO.

I thought the caption may be used for the alt text but it is not.

1 Like

Hello @martinarbtergessner,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The Notion RTE plugin operates using the Editor.js library, and alt tags for images are not directly supported by the library’s built-in functionalities. Nonetheless, each time you add an image, it is saved in the database, so it won’t disappear. You can also use the caption to display text information for the image in case it doesn’t display for some reason.

If you would like us to explore adding this functionality to the plugin, we invite you to complete this Sponsoring Plugin Features Form: Interface Form - Airtable

We will then review it to see if it is possible to implement using additional tools and will provide an estimate of the hours required and the associated cost. Our sponsorship packages start at a minimum of 5 hours, with a rate of $200 per hour.

Thanks for your understanding. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
Stefan

Hello, thank you for your reply.

This is very bad news.

I am using the plugin for blog content. Alt text for images is crucial for SEO.

I think this means I have to throw away my work and cannot use this plugin anymore. I’m not going to pay for you to develop a feature.

It is a standard to add alt text for images for accessibility on web pages, even if it is not for SEO. It’s an accessibility standard that helps ensure that people with disabilities can access and understand content on a website.

You really should have it as a normal feature and not ask me to add that feature. You should also highlight that it should not be used for web pages as it does not meet standards.

I have wasted a lot of time with this plugin already and will need to stop using it.