Services Plugins FAQs

Notion Rich Text Editor Content Reset

Hello,

I am using the RTE in a popup. When I select the current cell in a RG, it opens the popup.

The first time the popup opens, it displays the data correctly.

If I close the popup and click on another cell in the RG, it still displays the content from the 1st record. See the screenshots, the title changes, but the content is the same.

When I inspect the element, I can see that the content just stays the same, even though another record is loaded.

I have tried the ‘reset’ action ’ display’ action but they both throw errors.

Hello @martinarbtergessner,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and our apologies for the late reply over the weekend. :pray:

Regarding your question, could you please share more details about your use-case? Specifically, screenshots of how you set up the Notion element, the RG (Repeating Group), and the related workflow. It would also be useful if you could share a video in step-by-step mode from the moment you open the page to the moment you open the pop-up and the problem you have, for screencast you can use Loom tool. Additionally, please check using the inspect tool what data the element has each time.

These details will help us better understand your use-case and provide a better answer.

The error message you’re receiving occurs because the Notion element is not visible when you’re triggering the “Reset data” action. Please make sure the element is on the page and visible when you trigger it.

Thanks again, and we look forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stefan

Thanks for the reply.
I created a loom video and pasted the link here, but I get an error ‘you cannot link to that host’.

This is very annoying. I also cannot post more than 1 screenshot here, I have to do multiple replies with 1 screenshot in each reply.

Could you please fix your forum so that I can provide the details efficiently??

1 Like

Now I get 8 messages ‘[Join the Bubble Community | Zeroqode Forum] [PM] Post hidden by community flags’
[Join the Bubble Community | Zeroqode Forum] [PM] Post hidden by community flags
[Join the Bubble Community | Zeroqode Forum] [PM] Post hidden by community flags

Hello @martinarbtergessner,

Thank you for your message.

Our apologies, you probably encountered the forum security policies and didn’t manage to post there.

I have updated your trust level, so you can now post here without difficulties.

Could you please share the details again so we can look into them further?

Thank you for your understanding. Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stefan

Here is the loom video:

1 Like

Hello @martinarbtergessner ,

Thank you for sharing the video with us.

From your screencast, I understand that you have a repeating group (RG) where you’re opening a pop-up containing a Notion Rich Text Editor (RTE) to display content.

For your use case, you can use the “Display Data” action to show the desired content in the Notion element.

Previously, you were receiving an error message because you were triggering the action before the Notion RTE was fully loaded in the pop-up, meaning it were not visible. To address this, you can use the “Reset” action when the pop-up is closed to ensure the content always refreshes.

I’ve also set up a test page here[Notion-like-rich-text-editor-demo | Bubble Editor] to demonstrate and example on setting it up and how it can look like. Please click on the buttons within this repeating group:

I hope this proves helpful. Please try it on your end and let me know if everything is working fine.

Thank you, and I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stefan