Services Plugins FAQs

OCR Service Plugin: OCR Engine selection

Hi, I tried the Free OCR Service plugin and it works well, trying the OCR Engine2 on https://ocr.space however I get much better results for my purposes. Would it be possible to configure the type of engine to use (Engine1 or Engine2) via the plugin?
Many thanks.

Hello @Jas-G ,
I hope you are doing well. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have passed this information on to the development team, and they are looking into this question, as soon as I hear back from them I will be sure to get back to you.

Thank you for your understanding.
Have a nice weekend. :sunny:

1 Like

Hello @Jas-G ,
I hope you are doing well, :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your patience as we consulted with our development team regarding the compatibility of our plugin with engine 2. After a thorough review, we’ve concluded that it is not feasible to configure the plugin to work with engine 2 at this time.

The plugin has been designed with engine 1 as its default setting, and, unfortunately, the ability to switch between the engines on demand is not supported currently. :pensive:

If you have any other questions, or if there’s another way we can assist you, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re here to help in any way we can.
Have a nice weekend! :sunny:

Hello @Vasile , thanks for the reply, have a nice weekend too…

Hello @Jas-G ,
I hope this message reaches you in good spirits.

You’re welcome! I’m sorry that we couldn’t do more for you. :pensive:

Should you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out.
Have a nice day ! :sunny: